Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Goodness My DIY

On Friday night, Robb and I left work early and headed to Des Moines.  His band was playing for the 10th anniversary of a pub smack in the middle of the city.  They play here every St. Patrick's Day too.  We got there at 5:20 or so and I found a table when Robb went to warm up with the band.  I got my obligatory Diet Coke and waited for 40 minutes before the band came upstairs and played.  And since it was their anniversary, the bar people kept coming around with free food.  


Have you ever eaten bacon wrapped oysters on bruchetta before?  It's messy but delicious...


We left as soon as the band was done and got home in time to visit with Robb's brother for a little bit.  He was visiting and trying to get an apartment lined up for his son for next semester.

The next morning, I picked up the quilts from the quilting lady before my ASG sewing meeting.  They look fabulous!!! 


I need to set aside some time to get the edge binding done but that shouldn't take too long.  


It just takes time.
Coincidentally, my most prized and scarce resource.

 Saturday afternoon, I waited patiently until Meri got home from band practice and we dug into some craftsy things that we'd been wanting to make for girl gifts this year.

Lush Bath Bombs...

Since I didn't have the fancy schmanzy molds, we used the round half of some Easter eggs.  

I've got a billion of those!!!  


We got onto a roll and I mixed up batches while Meri formed.  Got six batches done.  

They turned out awesome and smell fantastic!  


Well, not if you ask Robb.  He said that we stank up the house with the fru fru smells.  We used Lavendar, Rose and Yling, Ylang.  

I bought some round Christmassy tins and we put the little balls into cupcake liners and filled them up.  Only 5 gifts so far, but I see more bomb making in our future.

Meri took all the leftover bits and bobs from molding them and had the most wonderful soak that night.

Have you done any DIY gifts this year?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I need to make some of those bath bombs!!!!

Michelle said...

Forgot to tell....I did make the mason jar with the fake snow/toy car with tree tied on top. Made these for my teacher coworkers.

SAM said...

After Anne's post, I've wanted to make them, but I know I won't fit it in. Yours are really lovely.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Those are really pretty and a fantastic gift!

I have made several gifts this year and guess I will continue making them until right up to the wire!

Sam, they are pretty quick once you get the hang of it!

Southern Gal said...

I've been eyeing the recipe this year and one for lip gloss. I made some pot holders/hot pads, but that's about it. I have a couple of things in mind for the grandkids. We'll see if they come to fruition.

One of my all time favorite gifts was homemade vanilla flavoring from my girl a few years ago. Everyone loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails