Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Star Wars and body markings

I was sorting some random boxes in the garage the other night and came across Leon's Pokemon notebook.  We'd given him a folder with several sleeve pages for his huge collection of Pokemon cards a long time ago.  I think the folder got taken to Colorado and eventually when a car was getting cleaned out, it got mixed in with that and stuck in the garage until a time to get it sorted.

NOW is that time.
Well, a few minutes here or there.

So I brought it in and Leon added several cards he's collected since then to the book.

While he did that, I decided to pull out my Star Wars cards and get them sorted.  As long as there are little sleeves to put them in, I'm going to take the opportunity to get them organized!!!  

It's taken 40 years...  I was ten then...

Don't you just love how Mr. Bean has been keeping them safe?  Well, that's just the last 15 years.


It was a fun time sharing our fan cards with each other, but I'll never understand the "This evolves into This" stuff...  Let me just adore Han, ok?

Leon says that the ones that shimmer (or something like that) will pay for his college.

REALLY???  I'm skeptical...  And this is the woman whose children own 5,000 Beanie Babies between the three.  It doesn't pay for the college kid... They're a dime a dozen these days...
But who am I to burst his bubble?

And I suppose we should be helping the boy when he's bathing because this is residual from Monday night when I found this...  


Actual conversation Monday night.

Me: Who wrote on your back?
Him: No one
Me: There is writing on your back!  Did YOU write on your back with a pen?
Him: No.
Me: ...  this goes on and on with him denying any knowledge of a pen on his back.
and eventually he runs off to find a stuffed cat.

Actual conversation this morning when I saw it again.

Me: Who wrote on your back?
 and then more denials, the same above until...
Him: It is the food coloring from when I was at my moms.
Me: No it's not, it's pen!
Him: NO IT'S FOOD COLORING!
(and don't ask him about the food coloring incident because it got him grounded from electronics for a week...)  (well, that and him eating 3 Lunchables at one sitting.)
Me: Well, I'm going to show you. It's NOT food coloring!
So I took a pic with my cruddy photo phone and emailed it to myself so I could see it better.
Me: See?!  That's a 2. Who drew a 2 on your back?
Him: OH!  That's really a rocket with a guy on it.
Me: ...  So who drew it?
Him: (disgustedly) probably Jerald... (a kid in his class)

WHO let's other kids write on them??!

No wait.  We have had this happen before!  I remember when his daddy was in school, he'd come home with lots of things written all over his hands and arms with pen.  Robb used to say, "Do that again and I'll use a Brillo pad to clean that off!"  He never did and for Ryan, the threat never worked, which is why he now has tattoos up and down his arms.

We may have to explain what Brillo pads are to these kids...

Maddy and Meri came home with pen marks on their hands too at times.  Usually it was someone else doing the writing to help them remember something.  
After a couple of the Brillo pad threats, that was stopped.
or scrubbed off quick before Dad got home.

And let me just say... Leon's skin is too delicate for Brillos...

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

It must be universal! My granddaughter (age3) was here for 2 weeks during Thanksgiving and managed to write on herself or stick stuff on her hands and arms every day.

SAM said...

My 15 writes herself notes on her hand to remember-yeah. At least preschoolers are experimenting and figuring things out.

SAM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails