Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Charged with Wild Abandonment

On Sunday, Robb and I took all the kids out to lunch after church.  WOOHOO HUHOT!  Leon wouldn't eat anything...  Jen finally convinced him to eat JUST some meat that she had cooked up for him with ranch dressing.  *genius*

This is the boy, after 46 failed attempts to make a fort, finally relented and let me help him put one together.  It was a LOT bigger and more sturdy.  And only fell down when he climbed onto the roof.

Then Maddy, Meri and I headed out to switch Maddy to a new phone.  Her phone holds a charge for about 10 minutes and has a broken screen.  Apparently after the wedding, she'll be on a different plan depending on where they live and if my plan is yucky there.  

My phone plan does have some trouble spots... Like on her campus..,  So when and if she switches plans, I'll get this phone.  So we both had to agree on the make and model.  

My stringent criteria. 1) will it make phone calls?

I'm not a difficult person...

They're determined to get me onto a smart phone and get away from my flip phone.  Hey - if my flip phone is good enough for the military, it's good enough for me.  The waterproof up to 3 feet isn't good anymore since the little rubber flap broke off last week, but it still holds a charge really well!

Oh well, they'll drag me kicking and screaming into whatever century we're in.  22nd?  I don't know.  I can't keep up with time.

We had to wait to talk to someone for 1.5 hours.  yep.  Meri gave up after 20 minutes of chitchat and went to nap in her car.  Due to the late late movie, Saturday night, that she went to with a friend, she'd been accidentally locked out of the house and finally woke me up to let her in at 2am. because MY phone hadn't died.  All her siblings can't keep their phones charged long enough to be a hero.  And she didn't want to wake up Dad, so after 30 minutes of trying her siblings, she broke down and woke me up.  So she was wiped.  Late late movies are not ok anymore...

So outside the phone store, she slept in her car for over an hour with the car on.  I think just the  accessory on switch.  So when I finally got to talk to a salesman, Maddy went out to go with Meri and get a little shopping done.  The car was dead.  No one came back in to tell me, but they called Dad instead.  He and Leon came down to rescue them.  But by the time they arrived, Meri tried the car again and it started!  oops.  So he left us his car and went home with Meri.

After at least 45 minutes getting the phone situation worked out, Maddy and I did a little more shopping and then JoAnns where we purchased the fabric for the flower girl dress and more fabric for her dress.  

I spent an hour last night on Maddy's dress and hope to get a big chunk on it done this weekend.  

She's tried it on and loves it so far!  Yay!  

Unless she's a good liar... ?

So full steam ahead on those projects.

On Sunday night, Robb made smoked pork and we made most of the sides that we'll be making for the wedding reception.  Even though we just threw it all together for a quick supper, Maddy liked it all.  Yay!

Unless she's a good liar...  ?

Oh well.

Full steam ahead!!

4 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Hurrah for pop up tents in the house and cell phones with charges.
I personally miss my old flip phone. The one I have now is way smarter than I am!

slugmama said...

You need to get Meri a house key....or is she like Noah use to be in high school and loses it all. the. time. There are prolly 120 of our lost house keys floating around this area now. lolz

Cheapchick said...

I got drug kicking and screaming into a smart phone a few years ago - gotta say I love smart phones now. I use it to record all sorts of crap like my grocery list, have my music on it, can be on Facebook when I'm bored out of my tree waiting for my husband to buy something at the hardware store....try it, you will like it!

Out My window said...

You go girl, so much more organized than I am.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails