Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sweet Date

When you've got kids, grandkids, you kind of have to go with the flow, right?  

Our Valentine's Day date turned into a date for three.  Ryan got called in to work.  SO what do you do then?  You find a place that all three of you will enjoy.

Fong's Pizza!  Leon had seen so many commercials on tv for this place and had always talked about going there, so we thought "Let's do it!"  He was asleep the entire way there and we thought we'd surprise him.  Oh he was... and angry.  


"I changed my mind and don't want to come here!"

He changed his tune when he saw the awesome decor and dragons on the wall.  


The pizza here is special.  Well, LEON got pepperoni but Robb and I got the types of pizza that they're known for.  Chinese food as pizza toppings.

Fongolian Beef pizza! 
YUM!
  

We knew the kids would love to try this out, so we brought a few pieces home for them.

It kind of reminded me of when you want to make pizza but don't have the fixings, so you put whatever leftovers you have on pizza crust and bake it.  But this was better.  Plus I didn't have to clean out the fridge.  OR make it myself.

If I'd made this based on my reminiscence, it would have been leftover beef stew or spam on a pizza crust.  Yeah... no one is going to make a restaurant based on that!

If you're ever in the Des Moines area, check out Fong's!  Ryan had already had some of their food and had the crab rangoon pizza before.  

Doesn't that sound cool?

3 comments:

slugmama said...

Just stay away from strange pizzas with pickles on them...... ;-)

I love crab rangoon so I might just try that one.

Anne in the kitchen said...

That sounds delicious! I don;t think there is anything like that around here. And what is better than dragons on a wall to entire a boy into liking a place?

Jane said...

Oh my gosh that slice looks divine! Now I'm craving pizza :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails