Thursday, February 16, 2017

Being Cheesy

What do you say to a kid who asks you why you gave him chocolates with cheese inside?

He will NOT believe me when I say it's a form of candy.

"It's CHEESE!!!" 

then where is it?  
"I spitted it out into the garbage."
great... no proof.

Lots of changes going on in his life, so I'll along with it.  And who knows really what the Dollar Tree puts inside their Valentine's candy?...

A nephew of mine has his own Youtube channel and has just started putting interviews with my Dad on it!  It was so cool to hear how Dad joined the Marines!!  I'd show it here if it didn't have all the personal details.  Just know that it made me cry...  I love my parents...


I'm hoping my nephew does interviews with my Mom too.  Her greatest treasure is her memories and they're fading fast.  She knows it too and has been jotting down little things that she remembers on bits of paper everywhere.

Oh dear.  Where are my kleenexs?

Every spare minute this week, including lunches, breaks and evenings, has been chauffeuring people around, or having a Valentine's date, or everything else that doesn't involve me at my sewing tables.  Not even tonight, darn it.  Thursday nights are usually reserved for sewing, but a prom committee meeting comes first I guess.  I'd missed a couple others when I got the dates mixed up.  I guess I need to start putting the meetings on to my computer calendar and treat them like work meetings.  Maybe...

I'm hoping tomorrow night I can start cutting into the lace that Maddy and I picked out last weekend.  I'd love to show a little bit of it at my sewing meeting this weekend.

Oh!  Robb and Meri had some "special" valentine conversation hearts from Necco made that she gave to all her friends on Tuesday.  She kept some in her locker for snacking too.  They had insults on them.  They've been wanting to do this for years, but remembered in time this year.  
"Bye Felicia"
"L.O.L. Nope"
"platonic 4ever"

I don't know what the Felicia thing is in reference to, but apparently she did, so that's all that matters, right?  It cracks her up...

Anyway, back to work and hoping to find some cheesy chocolates to help me get through my day!

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Bad Grandma! Giving that boy Cheese chocolates! That really made me laugh! I am truly enjoying the Leonisms. It is a shame we grow up and forget to look at the world like a child does.

SAM said...

I'm picturing the insides now and wondering...Great story and effort for your nephew.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails