Friday, April 21, 2017

A Stinky House is a Happy House

So... I'm at the laundromat.  I've been here since 7:30am...  Maddy came up to keep me company and is doing her schoolwork while I do my work work, which is harder on this old laptop that has a broken screen and a keyboard that is not stable.  If anything is spelled wrong, I blame he kybord.

The new washer comes Saturday!!! yay!  But the smell of wet dirty clothes was getting to me.  Six loads later, I'll be drying them when I get home.  Yay for a dryer!  Praying that stays working.

Between the girls and myself, we have done a TON of crafts this week!  I started the decopage project last night and am not impressed.  I went back to the video and realized that I am NOT using tattoo paper...  Oops.  I'll pick some up on Sunday. somewhere...

So I improvised and did what every mother in the 70s did and burned the edges.  Because what says antinque like "burned"?  Well, that was $2.89 wasted.  AND a block of wood wasted...  


Oh well.  We'll put it toward the back.  AND it reeks.  So it's on the porch airing out.  I sprayed it with decoupage finishing spray.  yuck.  Probably a mistake too.

Maddy is using my old cake topper, which coincidentally was my parent's wedding cake topper!  She repainted it to match her colors more.

Before


After

sorry they're sideways.  Didn't want to reload them...  Turn you head please...

Just for the record, my mom, me and Maddy wore/will wear white.  This representation just means that it's a man and a woman. ;)



The place is a mess.  We're having my college nephew over for his birthday tonight.  Lunch will be busy.

But at least the place won't smell of moldy clothes!  Just stinky wood.

1 comment:

SAM said...

Great tradition to pass on cake topper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails