Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Memorable Shower

 Sunday was the wedding shower.  Maddy and Matthew showed up early afternoon as Robb and I put the finishing touches on the party room.  We had about 30-35 people in the room and it was cozy but still space to move around.  I had been worried and reserved another venue in town just in case, but cancelled it when the rsvp's rolled in.  Apparently a lot of people leave town for Memorial day!

Leon was a total ham and needed a nap, but oh well.

The happy couple looked adorable and enjoyed the treats and gifts.

 "I have found the one whom my soul loves." Solomon 3:4

They visited with my mom for a bit and I'm so glad they took time to do that, as she won't be able to go to the wedding.

Meri and I co-hosted.  She did the games and I did the video.


I got a couple pics of Meri with Jen, Ryan's lady friend.


and Bethany, one of her fave cousins.  Bethy stayed here for a couple days afterwards.


After all the festivities, we went out for supper with his family before they had to leave town, then went home to relax.  

Leon was having none of the relaxing bit tho.  We DID get him to calm down for a pic but it seemed forced... and besides, this one shows Leon's personality. Total chaosity.


We spent Memorial Day watching Meri's band perform during a brief parade 


and then at the cemetery.  


And spent the afternoon at home.  

Most of us played a rousing game of Ticket to Ride.  GREAT game!  Robb grilled in, since we were out of propane for the grill, and the kids played the game again while I hemmed Matthew's wedding slacks.  Then those two lovebirds had to head north again. They're signing a lease for an apartment today to move into in a few short weeks!  Yikes!  Time is flying!!!!

TEN MORE DAYS...

1 comment:

Southern Gal said...

Aw. That video made me tear up especially when I figured out it was The Princess Bride song. Did I tell you I bought tickets for 30th anniversary showing at a theater in October? Yep, I did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails