Friday, May 26, 2017

Thinking out loud

The weather yesterday was beautiful!  I finally got to mow the front yard over my lunch and afterwards, Maddy decided to lay out.  

So I took my laptop out on the deck and worked nearby.  It was so sunny, I tried to figure out what to use for shade.  Then realized, HEY, we have a table umbrella laying on the deck here!  

Haven't used it in five years...  So I plunked it into the table, determined to mak
e use of it now.

Cranked it open and then wiped off the table for all the junk that fell out of it.  


Five years is a long time.  Then worked for a bit, talked for a bit, worked for a bit, more talking.

Time to roll over!

Robb got home for a little bit and came out to join us as I swatted the fifth bug away that had dropped down from the umbrella.

This is from Maddy's grad party back in 2013.  It looked good then...  
Meri's is NEXT spring so time to slap on some paint...

We don't use the deck much but it needs a lot of work.  So I might spend some time on it this summer.  I guess we need to anyway.

But the umbrella should probably get scrubbed  next, huh?

Enjoy your weekend!  Pics from Maddy's upcoming shower next week.

2 comments:

SAM said...

Our 25 year old deck needs some major sprucing up, really could be replaced, but just not the priority financially. I hope that we can repair where needed, fix the wonky stairs again as we did eight years ago, and gave it a good power washing and it will continue to be serviceable. We live back there all summer. We know though that eventually we either need to replace because the railings on the lower part pulled away about 12 years ago, so DH just took them off, so they do not meet code, or just take down and let it go to grass where the deck sits, with a simple step. We couldn't sell like this, but would hate to spend the money on a new deck or patio, when we could just reduce the price of the house a bit and let the new owners decide what they prefer. We're at least 6 years form that though.

Southern Gal said...

I don't have a deck. I would love one, but they are a lot of upkeep. We sit under the trees next to the fire pit. I'm looking forward to the shower pictures. Such exciting times!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails