Monday, May 22, 2017

Keepin' Up With...

It was a niece's Sweet 16 birthday this past weekend.  Well... FAKE birthday...  


Her birthday actually smacks right in the middle of a couple cousin weddings in June, so this was a time for her to celebrate with a dozen of her closest friends.    There was a DJ and he got the kids hopping.  Well, dancing...

Before the birthday girl arrived, and just us old fogies were there, he was a dear and played music WE'D enjoy!  WOOHOO!!!  SISTER SLEDGE!!! and any 80s music we wanted!!  

We didn't dance, but we did swing our shoulders and tap our feet.  We danced in our hearts.  
Robb tried out his best Saturday Night Fever pose.  Too bad I didn't have my camera available for THAT one!

 

Robb played Happy Birthday for her on the bagpipes.

Her mom really outdid herself for this one!
There was a candy bar, with all the cupcakes made by my SIL.
 

And tons of taco food and fixings.  She had several things catered.  Impressive!

Robb thought our table could use a little more light...  I married MacGuyver.



Happy Birthday Sabrina!  I hope your REAL birthday is just as fun.

And to think... For Meri's Sweet 16, we gave her a hood for her truck...
I guess we need to step up our game...

5 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I laughed with the hood for her truck gift. We gave Son1 a set of tires one year. I guess we all need to step up our games? (said the woman who got 3 gallons of paint for Mother's Day one year so SHE could paint the bedroom.)

Southern Gal said...

Happy birthday to her! And I would have totally been out on that dance floor. Most definitely. ;)

Michelle said...

Hey, we did about the same for our daughter's sweet 16!

Michelle said...

I meant the same as you! lol

Jane said...

I would love to hear Happy Birthday played on bagpipes if you have it on youtube! My teeth absolutely ache looking a that candy bar - very clever by the way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails