Wednesday, August 23, 2017

There Will Be Tears

 The first day of Leon's kindergarten year. 

The first day of Meri's Senior year.

I was up at the crack of dawn, sitting for 30 minutes at the wrong venue before I found out the mother's were setting up elsewhere.  So I dashed over there and got assigned drink pouring duty. And apparently the Tigger/Pooh waffle iron was just too cute to use...  I'm batting a zero so far.

BUT I got some good shots of Meri and her friends at the Senior breakfast and got to talk to a few moms that had kids the same ages as mine.


Then all the Seniors gathered outside the high school for the class picture.  I scanned the kid's faces looking for my Meri and didn't see her at all.  So I called her.  


She was inside with some friends taking pictures there...
She and Perla were wearing crowns.  Don't you have all DAY for that??

So with her almost in tears for missing the BIG pic of the year and me for having missed her being in it, I got this one.  


Anyone know how to photo shop them into the big one?  sigh...

Then I hightailed it over to the elementary school, a whole 3 blocks away and got to see Leon sitting with his classmates before they headed back to the kindergarten room.


I'm sitting at my desk now about to melt into tears of all kinds.  It's going to be a rough day.

5 comments:

Jane said...

While I understand your teariness isn't it great to see Leon sitting nicely and talking to a friend? He's gonna love school!!

Rachel said...

Aww! I understand completely. Ben told me on Tuesday that I wasn't allowed crying because I had cried last week when I dropped him off for his first day! LOL I say cry all the tears you want! Good luck to Meri in her senior year and Leon is just too cute!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am not a crier, but many times it would have been preferable to have tears rather than the lump in my throat! Cry away!

Michelle said...

You deserve to shed a few tears!

Southern Gal said...

I hope things looked up and the day ended on a high note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails