Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Blood, Statues and Sewing

Well, the blood letting took three hours yesterday morning... YIKES!
The platelet/plasma/blood thingy was having problems and a tech was working on it.  So I didn't get in there until almost 40 minutes later than I should have.  I had a conference call at noon and was a few minutes late getting to it from their lobby.  Sitting there with a needle in your arm is pretty awkward when you're doing the potty dance at the same time...
"Please get this thing off me!"

Leon and I took his dad to work yesterday afternoon and had to make a few stops afterwards.


He's got a complimentary Jolly Rancher in his mouth for this one...

TAKE MY PICTURE GRANDMA!

I let him play at a park while I finished my work and until Robb met up with us.  We took him out to eat at a pizza buffet and were all stuffed afterwards.  SO stuffed that he couldn't finish his breakfast this morning...

Then Bible study whereupon Leon fell asleep on the short drive there and slept until I placed him on the couch at home.  "How did I get here?"  

I had to jiggle him awake so he'd have some play time with his Dad before we let him go to sleep for reals.

Regarding sewing, a very dear friend at church is downsizing her possessions and gifted me with her (only used once) serger and a couple bags of fabric stash!!!  

We really need to help her move more often...

I can't wait to try it out!  

AND a friend of Maddy's will be coming by on Friday with a bridesmaid dress for me to alter for an upcoming wedding.  So I'll be sewing this weekend for fun and profit!  Woohoo!

Anyway, back to work and some projects that I've put off successfully since before Hurricane Irma.

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Love the pictures. He is such a cute kid! You are very lucky to have him so close. I am green with envy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails