Friday, October 13, 2017

HITS! Everywhere You Go!

Leon wrote a book!!!  Well, a story anyways.  These kindergarten assignments are TOUGH!

It took me a minute to decipher it, but the picture he drew helps.


"I can ride a dinosaur with my friends."
His dad wasn't a good speller either...

After school, he decided to try on his Catboy outfit from PJ Masks, that he wore last year for Halloween.  It's skin tight.  Then we went to visit my bestie at the nursing home with him still in costume.  The people there LOVED him!  He felt pretty important.


We came home and carved the pumpkin we bought earlier this week.  It's already turning a little bit, so it may not last until Halloween...

If you can see here, the eyes are on either side of the head with sharp, sharp teeth in the front. 
It's a T-rex pumpkin.  


The gourd is from the volunteer plants in my garden. 
I've got lots and for the record, they taste like BLAH! 
So they're purely ornamental...

I found some biscuit cutters in my drawer that are super strong, so we used a hammer and pounded out the eyes.  I may use that on my own personal pumpkin and just do polka dots all over it.  
But that's not for a couple weeks.


Got the boy all cleaned up and we headed to the school to listen to Meri sing.  


T
The All-State tryouts are coming up and several groups from our school are going to go.

 She looks so serious...  But she's listening intently to what the judges are saying.


Here is her group just before they sang.


And here is the video of them singing a German piece.  The judge mentioned that they looked like human metronomes and they toned it down a bit for this song, but I can tell what he's talking about.


Anyway, what a day!  Got so much sewing planned for this weekend that it's not even funny!!  
Can't wait to show you.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

She has a gorgeous voice! I have seen videos of her before but her voice has matured so much and she sings with incredible confidence.
Leon is as cute as ever and I can only imagine how much the residents at the nursing home loves him.

Jane said...

Hey Leon was smiling in all his photos :) Ooooh I got shivers listening to the song, especially Meri's great soprano voice. Fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails