Monday, October 16, 2017

Best place to make a best friend

 So Leon and I stopped by the pub before running him to his mom's on Friday.  He wanted to say goodbye to his dad for the weekend.  

We sat at the bar and got some ice water and breaded mushrooms.  
yay!  the mushrooms are all for me!!

A family with a little boy arrived and sat at a table nearby.  "Hey, Leon." says his dad, "that little boy loves FGTeeV and Minecraft too."  Apparently they were regulars at the pub and Ryan, being a good bartender, had chatted them up previously.  The mom let Joe sit next to Leon at the bar and they hit it off in a big way.  


Talking about their favorite episodes of FGTeeV and various characters from Minecraft.


It was a tug at your heartstrings kind of visit.  I sat there laughing and clutching my heart while they talked so animatedly about Youtube and other things they loved.  

We've GOT to get these two set up for a play date...

I ran outside to grab my camera and then realized I'd forgotten to put the SD card back in it, so no good for me.  I asked the mom to take pics and she posted them on FB.

Unfortunately we missed the boys hugging goodbye.  *gasp*  It was SO CUTE!

Ryan told me later that Joe's mom said that his wife had asked that she take pictures...
really??  Um... that was my mom...
How young do I look?  or rather, how old does HE look?

Someday, Leon will tell his kids that he met his best friend in a pub, when they were five.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Those pictures are a cuteness overload! I just love kids!

SAM said...

So cute, and nothing wrong with meeting at the local watering hole.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails