Thursday, January 25, 2018

No More Diversions Left...

I got the temporary adjustments done on the pink Victorian dress for Brooke.  I'll mail that off today if I can.  I used some iron in tape to take the hem up two inches.  She's only wearing it once...  Who knows?  Maybe Maddy will want it back someday for Halloween!  

Oh and I took up the sleeves about 4- 5 inches.  Whilst Brooke IS getting taller, her arms have not caught up yet.  I can only hope Kristin measured her arms correctly... ;)

Before


After...



Does it look better?  Definitely shorter sleeves!

Then last night I also had an hour free, so I cut out the Belle skirt and gathered the waist line.  I'll sew that into place today over lunch.


Here's what I'm planning for the Belle dress.  It's basically a denim bustier vest thing and I'm going to sew the skirt waist to it.  Otherwise if she bends over, the blouse will untuck and she'll have to keep adjusting the vest.  Don't want that.  So the side zipper of the vest will also blend in with the skirt and she'll be able to take it off in one fell swoop for quick costume changes.  

Hopefully.  At least that's my plan.  So...

Sew...  More on that later.

I've got brownies in the oven to celebrate Ada's birthday this evening and a L. Frank Baum biography to wrap up for her.  Not sure if I ever told you, she is a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan!  as well as the color of purple( I hope I have some purple stuff in my wrapping paper box) AND she loves to read famous people's biographies.  She was a teacher, so she's a history buff, so mostly past presidents and historical figures, but as I mentioned, she does love WOZ...  So I just hope she hasn't read this particular biography yet.  She doesn't use the internet so I feel comfortable telling you all this here.

Who are YOU going to tell?

Anyway, back to work.  Percolating percolating...

1 comment:

Anne in the kitchen said...

The dress looks really cute, and I am sure she will love it.
I am in awe of your construction idea for having the skirt and vest as one unit. Brilliant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails