Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Sliming not Sewing

I got last night off from sewing!!!  So I cleaned up my sewing area somewhat and let Leon climb into my closet while I sorted some things.  I've got a pile of fabric that has somehow gotten stuck in there.  Who knew?!  I could probably sew a new prom dress out of the stuff I found.

Oh and I found several prom dresses.  Ones that I've made and ones that I found at that boutique on sale last year.  The sale ones have been cut up for the crinolines or various other projects.  Some are intact, but not many.

Leon found some old toys that I'd put in the way back of my closet and several dolls that had started to freak out Maddy when she was a girl.  My closet is where American Girl dolls go to die...

A grand-daughter some day will love them!

Today, I have a hair cut and then will settle at the high school to modify a few of Meri's costumes for the play again.  She has to get out of the blue dress and into the pink dress in a BIG hurry.  And Monday night it took her 4 minutes.  Whoops!  Those aprons are going to get sewn onto the dress and I need to make a back flap for the vest zipper as it kept getting stuck on the white shirt.

The pink fluff pulled off the pink dress already in a couple places so I'll make that a more permanent fix.

And the gold dress needs a bit more on the back and a bit less on the front.  I plan on a couple hours I think.

Yesterday the ice made everything outside treacherous. We had neighbors ice skating on the sidewalks...

But Meri had broken the shoes she needs to wear in the play, so we braved the ice and made it to the Shoe Carnival and replaced them.  Whew! I love a good sale!

Leon and I had been working on his early birthday gift from Maddy and Matthew and finally the glue dried on his Gloop Slime launcher!  So we made the slime using the directions on the box and it turned into a glow in the dark mess that wouldn't unstick from my hands...  My skin will probably start peeling any day now due to the Borax I kept mixing into it to make it less watery...


He loves it...  And practiced shooting the front door last night and then again this morning.  We had to dig out another pair of pants because he got slimed.


Anyway, back to work and so much more!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jill said...

We have a whole colony of American Girl dolls..... lol. :-) Looks like he is having a blast! Still can't believe how fast he is growing up... where does the time go? Oh! I wanted to tell you I bought the audiobook of In the Woods by Tana French you had recommended to me awhile ago and I listen to it when I'm cooking and at the gym it inspires me to walk longer, lol. So far it is really good. Then when we were at Goodwill this past weekend I saw another book by her called The Likeness and when I opened the cover to read it I had to stop myself as it appears to be a follow up to In the Woods! Have you read that one? I didn't want it to spoil the audiobook for me so I didn't read the rest of the overview but i did buy it for a $1.00 (hardback) :-) Thanks for recommending it I wish i had more time to listen to it because it leaves me hanging and I can't stop thinking about it, lol.

Blessings,
Jill

Jane said...

That slime launcher makes a very satisfying "thunk" when it hits the door! What fun! Can't wait til he tries it on people! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails