Thursday, March 15, 2018

I live in Hope

The weather yesterday was beautiful!  and made me hopeful for spring!

I even made plans to work in the yard over my lunch today but Robb reminded me that it would be colder than yesterday.  shoot.

I'm getting closer to starting to work on the prom dress.  The fabric arrived and I'm still not sure if that's what she's wanting, but we'll see.   I hope to get some work done on it by the end of the weekend.

Meri moves home from her house-sitting stint today.  Woohoo!  She brought lunch and ate with Ada and myself yesterday and then came to church last night... it's almost like we see her more now than when she lived at home!

Her bestie found a dog running around on the interstate yesterday with no collar, so they made it their mission to treat that dog.  They took it to the dog wash and then to Petco and bought it a collar.  They even named it.  After rattling off a lot of names "in front of the dog", the dog got all excited over the name Oscar.  So they named him that.  

It's better than the name Temp that got brought home a few years ago...


Meri took a picture of Oscar and posted it on Facebook last night.  Within six minutes, it was shared 5 times and before church was done last night, the owners had been found.  Wowza!  
And the dogs name is actually Shorty.  

Meri was happy yet bummed.  The two girls had hoped that this dog would live at the apartment they are getting this summer with them.  Meri is already taking Ellie...  

Better run.  Lots to do today and hopefully a chiropractor visit is one of them!

3 comments:

SAM said...

I missed somewhere that Meri will be lving in an aprtment in the summer. Is this before heading to college, or as part of the college transiton? Goood for the girls. I would be so happy if my dog went missing and someone found him, and bathed him to boot!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am with Sam! I would be thrilled is someone found and bathed Shelby. (If she were actually missing, but since she has gotten out of the back gate, accidentally left open a couple of time, walks to the front door and whines until I let her in, her flight risk is minimal.
I didn't realize Meri was getting an apartment this summer either.

Michelle said...

Shorty looks to be elderly! Glad his owner was found!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails