Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Totally NOT Nailed

On Sunday, I did not get to sew.  Bummer.  However I did whip up a cake that morning before church and threw it in the freezer when it got done. 

Didn't frost it until later that afternoon.  We celebrated Robb's birthday that night, as that was the only night everyone could be there that lives either in the house or is dating someone in the house.

It was the sorry-est looking bunny I have EVER seen...  


But Robb still blew out the community candle like a champ (meaning all in one puff - so no girlfriends! whew!) and it tasted VERY good.


There is nothing like a homemade birthday cake!  The store bought are fine, but I think it's extra special if you put some time and effort into it instead.  

I gave him a Belgian waffle iron, like the kind they have in hotels that flip over.  Unfortunately, while it does light up, it doesn't heat up...  Not sure why that is...  I'm not an appliance fixer.  So what a drag.  He'd even put waffle batter in it on Monday morning and 20 minutes later, still not done and still not warm.  Amazon is sending UPS to pick it up soon.   I've got my eyes on another one for him.  We WILL have Belgian waffles again!!!

So today is my mother-in-law's birthday.  I think we're celebrating this evening, but I don't know what's on the menu.  

But we DO have a bunny cake ready in the freezer for her!
Maybe I'll nail it THIS time.

3 comments:

SAM said...

I hope you get the waffle ireon fixed or replaced. My hubs had to have one one time with our Kohls cash. It gets used aobut 4-6 times a year but I do think they are pretty tasty. Now if soeone would ake up the same batter the hotels have.

Southern Gal said...

Cute cake! We are on our third Belgium waffle iron...the first one was an expensive one. This last one is a Presto and it's been better than the other two by a long shot.

Linda said...

There is a charm that comes with homemade birthday cakes that cannot be bought. The frosting you made had to be better than frosting from the bakery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails