Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Paddling Furiously

Leon started swimming lessons yesterday!  He loves it!  His teacher, probably not as much.

He can be exasperating.  
"I don't want to dunk ALL the way... but I want to show you how I can get to the rope!"
sigh...  I had to yell over a few times for him to obey his teacher.


And since Duke is going to be a Wisconsinite within a matter of weeks, I took him to Petco to get a makeover.  They shampooed him twice, blow dried his hair, brushed him out, brushed his teeth, clipped his nails, cleaned his ears and gave him a cutesie little bow tie when he was done.  All for only $34!  The best $34 I ever spent...  

They said he was just perfect in every way and was the best behaved dog they have had in a LONG time!

And that's why Maddy and Matthew want him rather than any of the other dogs.

Isn't he handsome??!

When we got home with him, Reedus was sniffing him all over and growling as if we'd replaced Duke with a lookalike that smells nice.  I had to put Reedus in the garage kennel for fear of having a dog fight on our hands.  All Reedus induced.  Duke was just standing there looking confused.

Duke: "Calm down Son! It's ME!!!"

Anyway, while I was waiting for Duke to get dolled up, I checked out Walmart's fabric section.  They had just marked down a ton of their fabric and I found lots of stuff for 50 cents a yard!  PERFECT for trying out a pattern and some are just right for a few projects I have in mind for the fair...
  I'll show you some pics of the fabric tomorrow.  It's all the way upstairs.

I also returned two of the dressmaking dummies and as of last night I was down to five left.  I posted a pic to my sewing group and 4 people said that I could make arrangements with them to drop them off.  oops...  I only knew of 3 of you...  So I woke up at 1:30 and agonized in my head to remember what costumes I had on the deck for Meri's party and how many that was, subtracting the ones I returned to Diane.


It wasn't five dummies left, it should be six...  oh dear... Where could the sixth one be?  So after laying in bed frantically trying to think for 45 minutes, I got up and went downstairs for a mannequin hunt.  

Could someone have taken one?!  Who?!  Who would want one, of the people that have come into our house, in the last few weeks?...  

I found it in the dark, in my pajamas.  It had been tucked behind one of the doors that was covered with Meri memories, mere inches from the mannequins in the picture.  Whew!  Those things are expensive and I didn't relish the thought of having to buy a replacement!  But then I was keyed up and stayed awake for another half hour or so.  dang.

Today could be a long day if I let it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow....that's a lot of dummies! lol Nothing like a good smelling dog. Mine always like to roll in the yard and/or cow manure to get that good smell off of them.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Ditto what Michelle said about dogs getting the nice smell you paid for off of them. Shelby likes nothing more than having a bath at the lake and then rolling in some Osprey fish lunch remains

Southern Gal said...

Duke is handsome! You're smarter than me. I would have been asking the ladies, Are you sure you loaned me one?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails