Monday, July 23, 2018

Chipping Away

Robb marched in a parade on Saturday morning!  I attend this every year with him and since I'm the only bagpipe groupie that shows up to this one, Robb was in charge of the cooler full of water to be served afterwards.  


The weather was perfect for a parade!  Unless of course, you're wearing nine yards of wool and have wool socks and cap on...  I think the band would have preferred a parade in 20 degree weather.
I would be skipping a parade in that kind of weather...

In other news...  I did a lot of sewing this weekend.  Meri has a knit dress that she'd bought that looks adorable on her!  So I used it as a pattern and mimicked it for another dress.  The knit I chose might have been too stretchy, but I just have a little more to do on it and it will be done.  Perhaps another entry for the fair.

And if you remember, I had sewn a white shirt to go along with that striped skirt I made last week and thought it needed SOMETHING as it was just so glaring white! I had envisioned a shirt covered in neat smallish letters with quotes from Pride and Prejudice or Psalms...  But after I bought the glue and practiced on a smallish scrap of fabric, decided to go a different route.

Yep - not very neat...  And I may have just wrecked the shirt...

My sisters and my theme song.

Here's my plan with it.  The blue gel glue is washable.  It's completely dry now.  I will be dying the entire shirt, then wash the heck out of it until the glue all comes out.  It's called resist dying.  Then the letters will be white.

At least that's my plan...

I'm in the process of testing the small fabric bit and it will be washed today.
This may or may not be in the fair...

This weekend, Meri told us that she had been given a large piece of carpet for her apartment that she's moving into in 8 days.  We're on a count down because in 8 days, we'll be able to move a LOT of stuff out of the garage, one dog will be gone and even the cat!  

AND I'll be crying because we'll also be down another daughter.

But anyway, Meri took the carpet to a friend's house and used a power hose on it to get it cleaned up.  In her words, "I got carpet juice all over me!"  
ewww... to THAT thought...

The carpet ended up with a few stubborn stains, but didn't look too bad.

She got a crazy idea to use a dye kit and dye flowers onto it.  "I'll have it done before dinner."

Really??


Yep.  She did!  It looks pretty awesome!  


She's a chip off the old block!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey, I like that carpet project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails