Wednesday, September 19, 2018

In my crockpot

I had a couple minutes this morning so I dug in the freezer and found a turkey drum stick as well as some some chunks of turkey breast.  
When was the last time we had turkey???

Kind of reminds me of when Ryan was a toddler and he'd come into the kitchen with a fistful of Cheerios.  When did we last give him Cheerios??!

But I digress...

I put the turkey in the crockpot with the rest of a quart of chicken broth and some water.  Cut up an onion and tossed it in too.  


As you can see, my thought is to debone the turkey bone at lunch time and then later on this afternoon to add egg noodles about an hour before it's served.  

My question for you is this.  What else would you add to this soup?  I don't have celery, but I have carrots, cucumbers...  scratch the cucumbers, I have carrots.  And cauliflower and tomatoes.
I do have some frozen veggies like peas.

And I have lots of Diet Doctor Pepper...

hmmm...

Robb wants to invent an app that if you take a picture of your fridge and cupboards, it will tell you what you can make with what you have.  That would be a brilliant invention!  

Someone please go with that and invent it.  I'd pay 99 cents for that app!

2 comments:

Meg B. said...

If it were me, I'd go a different direction with the soup: I'd add salsa (or a can of diced tomatoes) cumin, garlic and corn, frozen or canned, it doesn't matter, and a can of diced jalapenos. We serve it with tortilla chips, grated cheese and sour cream on top. It's sort of a Black Friday traditional meal in our home. We like the spice after the glut of comfort foods of the traditional turkey with fixings dinner. One DS refers to it as putting his taste buds back to work!

Michelle said...

I agree with Meg and make a taco soup kind of thing out of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails