Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Identical Cousins and Goals

You know, yesterday?  Over my lunch?  When I should have mowed or moved the laundry ahead?  

Yeah then.

I needed to get some sewing done instead.  I feel lazy...

I didn't have any brilliant ideas of a new project, so I did some mending.  In my closet sorting, I had several items that needed something done with them before I could wear them again.

The pair of leggings I'm wearing now were a pair of side leg stretchy pants that were great around the house if I wasn't going out in public or if I was feeling fat and accepting it. So I took a page out of Maddy's skinny jeans idea and sewed up the sides of the pant legs and made slimmer leggings.

One leg is definitely a little looser than the other.  I may just strip down and fix that over lunch today...

I also fixed a couple holes in the seam of a roomy sweater that I love and gave a poncho that I'd made a new hem.  The trim that I'd originally put on it had looked stupid when I completed it almost two years ago.  So I cut it off and just put folded it over with a quick stitch up for a new hem.  It looks great!  I can't wait until the temp drops below 90 degrees so I can wear it!


I think next week is supposed to be more fall-like weather. YAY!  

Meri came home last night and brought Ellie to stay for a few days.  She's had some issues at the house with roommates and wants to get a dog kennel for her room before Ellie comes back.

Ellie is spoiled now and is too good to poop in the back yard now.  Well, exCUSE ME!  sigh.  It USED to be good enough for her to run around but now she has to be walked all the time.  

It cuts into my sewing time.... ;)  

So fun times at the old homestead.

Meri stayed for dinner and hung out with Leon mostly.  They had a good time.

I found out that Sarah, Elizabeth and Hillary Duff are actually Sarah, Hillary Duff and a mongrel lookalike cat that we found at a garage sale because Elizabeth had run away...  I had forgotten that.  
Meri said that she'll never take Elizabeth's place.

I guess they HAVE been apart...

Meri didn't take them this time, but probably will when she has kids of her own.  So they're in the stuffed animal cradle until further notice.


If I can survive until 5pm, then two fifths of the work week if over...
I can do it!

5 comments:

Linda said...

What exactly are side leg pants? And, what did you do with them?

Jill said...

Your always great at figuring things out :-) Hope your week is off to a great start!

Blessings,
Jill

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love to hear about your sewing projects and how you alter various items. We need a picture fashion show!

McVal said...

Wow, was THAT a typo! I meant wide leg pants.

Southern Gal said...

Did it cool off for you? We are in the mid-80's today. In SC, that's fall, y'all. When the humidity drops then we'll officially be in the fall season, maybe late October, early November. We'll have more 90 degree days before then, though. I want to visit the midwest in spring and fall one time just to really appreciate the seasons to their fullest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails