Tuesday, September 11, 2018

It's going to be a long day.

Around 3am, the dog started howling...  

REALLY?!  

I went downstairs to shush him and by the time I got back upstairs, my heart was going too fast to go back to sleep right away.  Stupid dog.

I had gotten Robb a Dodow for father's day or his birthday this year and he doesn't use it much.  So it's basically a fancy nightlight that Leon uses when he sleeps on the love seat in our room.  It distracts him enough to relax.


If you breathe with the soothing blue light on the ceiling, it helps you relax and fall asleep.  So I took the advice of Dodow and started taking long slow breaths, in and out.

No good.  My heart was racing too fast to slow down as quickly as I wanted.  darn.

Robb actually got up at 4 when Reedus started howling again and put him outside for a bit until he started howling that it was too dark out.  Sigh.  That dog will be the death of us...

Anyway, I tried to get back to sleep, but just decided oh well.  I got up and had my cappuccino and omelette around 5ish and felt like I should be making an omelette around 7 when Leon was eating.  

I guess that's where 2nd breakfast comes in.  I'm never going to lose this weight...

This is what happens when you go to bed at 7:30, just so Leon's brother would stay in bed...
I think he goes home today.  

A normal schedule is a good thing.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I do not respond well to being awakened by dogs. Or anything. When you realize you are going to have two breakfasts, try to only eat about half at both.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Bummer about being awakened by the dog!

Southern Gal said...

Sleep. You dont realize how good it is until you can't.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails