Wednesday, October 10, 2018

DIY and other nicknames I call myself

Last week, I sacrificed the cable to my sewing machine so that Meri could plug in a new-to-her tv at her apartment.  I KNOW I have about 6 of those exact cables somewhere, but who has time to look?

So after unsuccessfully hunting for one, I griped about not being able to sew, maybe a little too much this weekend. Robb up and ordered me one on Amazon Prime.  That free shipping is the bomb!  $8 later, it arrived late yesterday.  I was chomping at the bit to sew and had three projects that needed my attention.  

I'm making these pants (the blue ones), but apparently I don't have the right gut anymore to make these look nice...    sigh...  The horrors of getting past 50...


Speaking of that, one my little sisters is getting closer!!!  Today is her birthday and she is 49!  Next year we'll have to do something big for her as 50 is a pretty special mile marker.  For my other siblings, when they hit 50, the rest of us sent them a time capsule type thing of music from "their" era, or a poster showing "this is your life" kind of thing.  I don't think I got one, so I think I'm the instigator.


Happy Birthday Melanie!
LOVE her little girls expression...

I'm waiting with bated breath for a hemming tool for my sewing machine today.  I've got a few projects that need to be hemmed easily because what other way IS there?!

My goal is to up my sewing game, so I'm trying... 
AND I need to come up with cruise clothes...

I realized the other day, as I was dropping off some mending I was doing for someone, that I'd made my entire outfit.  And I did yesterday too.  Slowly, but surely, I'm getting my wardrobe all my own style.  Which isn't saying much, but I hope to add to it more without spending any money this year.  Namely, Do it yourself.

That's my middle name!

2 comments:

SAM said...

Your sister looks so young-I bet the little one keeps her hopping. Happpy Sewing.

Jane said...

Wait til you hit 60 - ask me, I know :( But...a hemming tool? How did I miss that? I might drag out my sewing machine if I had a hemming tool! I have Amazon Prime too, love the free and speedy delivery (ordering from my comfortable recliner is so easy) and the movie and TV show streaming is awesome too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails