Thursday, October 11, 2018

Where Art Thou?

Oh, that pic of my sister yesterday was from 5 years ago.  I just went through my Picasa pics of her and grabbed the first one that caught my eye...  

Yesterday was crazy work wise...  Tempers flared, not mine, but then again, I did say a few things in my head that won't see the light of day.  The temper was not flared towards me.  Just sayin'.  I'm just amazed at how worked up some people can get.  Today looks like a better day.

My new hemming tool foot feet arrived yesterday.  I can't wait to see if they fit my sewing machine!  I THOUGHT that I still had my Janome when I ordered them, but I don't.  The Janome is in Wisconsin with Maddy.  Mine is a Project Runway version of Brother.  I hope it fits!  If so, then I'll try it out today and master the technique.  

I woke up at midnight and didn't get back to sleep for a couple hours.  We've got some problems with branches hurting our eaves on one corner of the house and I worry.  We'll be chopping down the branches tomorrow when the weather isn't so wet and windy.  But at midnight that's all I thought about.  

I tried to think about other things to get my mind off of it...   

My kids and their lives, but my mind always wandered up to the roofs of their homes and I thought that they're so lucky!

Events from the Bible, and my mind's eye went to the corners of their ancient homes, and wondered how they fared with trees close by.  Maybe they weren't so afraid of heights as I seem to have gotten in my older age...

My garden, and immediately I'm thinking, that tree over THERE needs to be cut down!  and the tomato plants and weeds need to be pulled out.  and I can see my pathetic deck from the garden... YUCK.  

So by 2am, I had a pretty massive todo list cooked up and eventually settled back down to finish my night.  

I'll be 80 by the time the list gets completed.  Just in time for me to move into a nursing home.


Oh Brother...

2 comments:

SAM said...

I'll be in my grave for decades before my to do list is complete! Darn those middle of the night lists.

Jane said...

I've had those nights! Especially in Scotland where I'd lay in bed going over every kind of roundabout there is known to peoplekind and which exit I'm going to need...glad that part is over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails