Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Maiden Voyage and the apocalypse

Leon had wanted some friends over to play Legos, so the night before last, he asked me to message his friend's moms.  There are three of his friends that live within a two block radius.  I kind of love this neighborhood most days!  They all said their kids would love to, so Leon was excited.

THEN when Leon got off the bus yesterday he said, "Plans have changed!  I'm playing at Ry's."
Ummm  No you're not!  Go tell him it needs to be here because two other kids are coming over and their mom's don't know about this!

So he rode his bike over and broke the news to Ry and got back in time to play with the other two.

They've started a club!  I can't tell you how many clubs I started when I was a kid...  The garden club, the dirt club, the detective club...

Leon's is called the Lego club, for lack of a better name.  They each picked out one of Leon's Lego instruction books and started digging through his Legos to rebuild the item. 


I worked from the dining room and kept an eye on them as they played.  About 30 minutes later, someone found a tiny Lego gun and that prompted them to hunt down ALL of Leon's guns.  They had a zombie apocalypse going on, right in my home!  I found later that they'd barricaded Leon's bedroom door shut with his little bench book shelf.

They went home at 5 and I hustled up Robb and Leon and we headed to town.  We picked up Ryan and went to his new business that he is part owner of.  He and his boss are building an escape room business!  Right now, they're in the process of painting stripes all over the place and they haven't even gotten to the main escape room yet.  There will be a kiddie escape room as well with a tv in the lounge for you to wait in until it's your parties turn to go in.  Pretty cool set up!

While Robb and Leon held down the fort in one room and ordered pizza for supper, Ryan and I painted our little hearts out!  His boss showed up and worked on paint in the front hall.  

He was interesting to talk to and I mistakenly asked him which part of Ireland he was from.
BAM!!!  You do NOT mix up Irish accents with the English accent!  Ryan was horrified for me.  
IMAGINE my faux-pah! 
My ear is not keen to the fine distinctions...  
I'll just have to visit both countries and find out for myself, eh?

There is a back room that only staff can use, but there is a sink and counter in there.  I'm guessing these rooms used to be a doctor's office...  Ryan was in that little room with the sink and yelled for me to bring him some paint brushes to clean out.  I brought them back and found the door shut. 

and the knob wouldn't work...  He couldn't open it from the inside either!  He was trapped...

How ironic... 

He called for a screwdriver and/or a credit card.  Well, there were no screws on this side of the door and the screwdriver wouldn't fit underneath the door...  Neither would the credit card.  Apparently there was thick carpet on that side.  

After a few minutes of him starting to get claustrophobic, he said, HEY!  Hand me the credit card through the ceiling panel!  After wrongly assuming one side of the tiny room, I finally saw his hand waving through a skewed panel and handed him my dental credit card.  No biggie if that gets bent up...

And then he was OUT!  Having performed the maiden escape from the future escape room!!

Ahhh... the benefits of a misspent youth!

Then we headed for home leaving him there to paint more.  
He has leftover pizza so he should be fine.

I can't wait to see what they do with the place!  I hope we get to try it out first...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails