Thursday, October 18, 2018

Two Weddings and My Funeral

Last night, I took Leon down to see his dad at the escape room and I worked for an hour or so touching up paint.  I spilled some yellow paint on the plastic tarp they had all around and Ryan's boss said that that must be where Ryan gets it...  really...?...

My hands have paint bits all over, even after my shower.  They remind me of my mom's hands.  And that's not a bad thing.  She was always painting, staining and varnishing things that her nails always told a story of her latest creations.  

I'm sure I told you part of this before...  I have two older sisters that got married a month apart from each other.  THE two sisters that got married that summer and with them took all my clothes that I always borrowed...  I got heavy into sewing for myself that fall!

Those two will kill me, but I do love their Glamour Shots!!!


My mom was given (or asked) for the job to refinish all the pews in our church in preparation for the big events.  We had a smallish church with maybe 20 pews.  

That spring and summer, my mom and the rest of us stripped old white paint off all of them, sanded, stained, varnished and polished all of those pews.  We did it in sections so that the congregation could still have something to sit in during church...  

You can see just the bits of the pews in this one of Teresa's wedding.  I wasn't in this one and I couldn't find pics of Ruth Ann's wedding.


Knowing my life as you do, the project was probably completed three hours before the first wedding took place...  I kid...  It was at least a week.  Plus my mom made their wedding gowns.

So if something is hereditary, I think I'd rather have the gene pool lean towards the creativity than the klutzy-ness...

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Wow you and your sister look very much alike.
If not for klutzy people like me, the rest of the world would not look so graceful!

SAM said...

I agree with Anne-you all look so much alike. My 7 sisters and I could not look more different. I wish I got some creative genes. I have nothing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails