Monday, October 22, 2018

Scary Good Weekend!

As usually Monday sneaked up on me.  dang.


It was a full weekend and I didn't do dishes but only once!  No one was home much so the meager dishes that DID collect just waited for us...

On Friday night, I attended the ASG (American Sewing Guild) special event of the year, Dana Marie Bontrager held a trunk show of her designs.  Each one had great artistic details!  On Saturday, she showed how she did them.


The one above, she showed how to use string to paint your fabric.  In another demo, she made pleats in some overlaying organza.  Beautiful!  And I'm going to use that feature on the evening wear that I'm making for the sister cruise!

Below she also showed us how to make binding on an inside curve.  


Clever!!

THEN on to other things!  I had an hour or two to kill, so I was all gung ho to get into a sewing project.  I went upstairs and got out what I was going to work on and then thought... eh...  I'd rather carve pumpkins with the boy.

Not sure which evil look I like better...  He's pretending the pumpkin stem is the head. ;)


Oh yes!!!  I DO have a favorite! LOL


I was only planning on carving the one on Saturday, but he was really getting into pulling out the pumpkin guts, so I started in on the 2nd one too.  And then he lost interest a little until we were ready to carve.  We're going to save the seeds to grow pumpkins next year in the garden and maybe the woods.


This is my new profile background picture on FB.  Weird huh?!


Here's what we ended up with.  Robb wanted me to make one that spewed pumpkin seed vomit, so the top one is mine.

Leon wanted one that wasn't scary but that you could make a planter out of...  He thinks a pumpkin plant will grow inside of a pumpkin shell.  Seems a little cannibalistic to me, but what the heck!  He relented and wants a flowering plant.


His turned out pretty creepy looking...  Kind of reminds me of that little kid on South Park.  or it's had a lobotomy, which is closer to the truth.

I sprayed them down with bleachy cleanser in the hopes of keeping them from rotting until the actual day of Halloween.  The pumpkin vomit is in a plastic bag in the fridge until that day also.  I didn't want more than the usual bugs around the deck and there is a tray underneath that one for the spew.   We'll see if I remember to put that out!

On Sunday, we had loads of things to do after church and while Leon got a burger while we were out, Robb and I didn't eat until after 2.  One of the things was to take candy for Meri to bribe kids with during the children's theater play practice.  She's one of the co-producers.  She brought the leftovers over afterwards and I gained a pound.

On Sunday afternoon, I had an hour or two to kill, so I was all gung ho to get into a sewing project.  I went upstairs and got out a totally different project to work on and then thought... eh...  I'd rather relax, so I watched a super dumb movie about vampire hunters.  I think it was probably someone's high school project that they got their hillbilly uncles to help out with.  yikes!  Half way through I decided it's not worth continuing.  Went to see Ada instead.

Then back to a relaxing evening at home.  Looking forward to actually digging INTO these sewing projects this week.

That would be a shocker if I could complete something this week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails