Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wandom Wednesday

Whew!  I'm so glad it's Wednesday!  For a number of reasons...  

1) Robb made a biscuits and gravy breakfast casserole!  A friend is here, going to a funeral with Robb today for a third friend, who's dad passed away this week. So THAT'S not the happy thing... but breakfast.
2) Finally a day with no crisis meetings scheduled at work.
3) Maybe I'll find some time to sew over lunch or breaks.

and the best reason...
4) The political robocalls have stopped!
What a ride THAT was.  I'm glad I'm not a politician.  SOME of the people I voted for won, some lost.  Oh well, there's always 2020.

School pics came!!!


Leon's parent-teacher conference was yesterday afternoon.  While Ryan was in talking to the teacher, Leon and I browsed at the book fair.  As he contemplated a comic book about Plants vs Zombies, a mom and her son came up behind us.  

The mom said, "None of these until you can read."  Leon picked out the zombie book and turned around.  Seeing his friend, he said, "Hey Caden!"  Caden said, "Hey Leon!"

Then at least 34 seconds of awkward silence of them staring at each other, while the mom and I looked from the kids to each other and back to the kids.

Natural conversationalists, those two...

BTW: The Plants vs Zombie comic book is a hit and he was reading it out loud this morning between bites of his bagel.  It's fantastic to hear him sounding words out like "unquestionable" or "vacant".  

Then Todd, Ryan, Jen and Meri joined us for supper.  The dining room table was full!  So nice!!
Afterwards we played a few rousing games of Jackbox.tv variations.  LOVE those games!

Since Leon was sleeping on the couch in my room, I got to go to bed early.  Whew!  I needed that.  The dishes can wait til morning!  And they did.  They're done now.

Anyway, the dogs are roaming the house and I'm working from the living room so I can keep up on the laundry.

The weekend isn't far now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails