Thursday, November 8, 2018

Reminiscing Turkeys

Last night after dropping Leon off at his dad's, Meri and I met up with Robb and Todd for dinner.  Meri and I got there early and secured a table, enjoying drinks, some appetizers and company until the guys showed up 45 minutes later.  They had gone to a matinee.  

Since Meri and I were heading to Bible study right after, we ordered our food and got it before those guys arrived.  Good thing too!   

It was a barbecue joint that used to be an Aldi.  Apparently we were seated in the area where the frozen dessert section was...   The last time Robb and I ate there, we sat where the canned tuna and roast beef hash had been.

Meri reminisced and wanted to shove some tables together against the front wall and run back on forth on them, like she did when she was three.

She is the reason they have a sign there now in ALL Aldi stores...

Speaking of Aldi, I was there an hour earlier and found turkeys on sale for 87 cents per pound!  Since we're hosting Thanksgiving for my extended family as we do each year, it takes a lot of turkey...  

This is NOT the turkey that I bought.  Meri and friend butchered this one last year for their friendsgiving.  They plan to again this year.  Meri said it's the best turkey she's ever eaten.


Robb always says, if you see turkey less than a dollar a pound, GET IT!  So I did.  I got the largest Butterball turkeys they had.  All over 20 pounds each!  It's so much better than making 5 smaller turkeys.  However lifting it out of the oven will be a challenge.

I shared on FB and someone of course has seen it cheaper elsewhere...  Oh well.  The turkeys there are probably smaller.  I may pick up some of the cheaper ones and stock our deep freeze for future use... hmmm...

Gotta run.  Lots going on today!  I won't be posting tomorrow, but WILL be checking in with my usuals.  Talk at you later!

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Congrats on finding the turkeys. It sounds like a great deal to me. How are you going to cook all three of those bad boys for one meal?

SAM said...

I figure if I have a price point in my head on something and a sale hits it, then I have saved my time in the long run from going to other stores. You did well. Did you get a new Aldi's=bigger and better?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails