Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Needing a miracle

Work was busy yesterday!  I'm trying to solve a linux scripting problem and in desperation, asked my question on a scripting forum.  I thought I was quite clear in my question, but the first response, which was pretty fast, answered that they needed an example.  Um.. I did, but I gave it to them again.

The next answer was from a different guy who said, "How hard is it to give us a sample! Just lay it out like this? I|am|a|sample"

Wow... I didn't think I needed to dumb it down so much.  And I thought they were rude.
I was probably the first girl to post ever and they treat me like this...
They'll never find a spouse!
(That's what we say when the kids slurp their spaghetti into their mouths too...)
(or don't put butter on the edge of the plate first...)
(this was mostly to tease my MIL as these were her words once...)

Reminded me of when Robb, Maddy, her roommate and I went into a game shop in her college town to look for a game.  Some young men were playing D&D in one corner of the shop.  They looked up as if they were the first girls they'd seen that year and suddenly got real quiet.  
But at least they weren't rude!

Anyway, I'm figuring out the problem myself.  I went and asked an old co-worker and he just didn't work with that kind of thing before.  So I ended up asking a current co-worker for some assistance.  I didn't want to as he's super busy all the time.  BUT I made a little progress thanks to that, but I'm breaking ground where we haven't gone before.
I guess I need a miracle.

THEN my laptop gave me this message.  UGGGG...  It got to 100% and then hung.  I forced the reboot and was able to get back to work.  I guess I know what I want for Christmas...  A new laptop.
And just when you think you'll get a new car or diamonds!


I worked with Leon on his spelling this morning.  He was on a roll until I asked him how to spell wage.  After all the -dge words, he was insisting needed a "d".  I guess the order tripped him up!  We'll keep at it.
  

A college friend is going to be staying with us tonight!  He is interviewing in the town near us today so he can at least be back in the same state as his parents.  He's been in Wisconsin and Chicago for the last 20 or more years.  Dave used to live close to my sister and her husband in a suburb of Chicago and even did a train show with my BIL for a few years on a local access channel.  We would see him at my sister's kid's weddings or if we visited them there.  

He's at the mic.

So anyway, back to the old grind.  Gotta solve that programming miracle today!  Have a good one!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good luck with your programming issue. That is certainly not my strong suit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails