Thursday, December 6, 2018

It's a Miracle!

A true blue spectacle!

Who can resist a little Barry Manilow in the morning??

  I got my miracle yesterday and the problem is solved!!  It's amazing what a little space next to an equal sign can do...  It can roach the whole thing and stump me for two weeks!  Got rid of the little thing and suddenly everything started to work. WHEW!  Got it wrapped up and into production yesterday afternoon.  YAY!  AND I learned a lot about a new to me programming language.
and all I can say now is BRING IT...

But wait until after the holidays, because too much time was used up on trying to solve this.  I worked hard yesterday to get a lot of loose strings tied up and caught up with.  Got my email inbox down to 21 from over 70.  I needed to either file things or just do them.  yuck.

Oh well, enOUGH work stuff!

Our college friend, Dave, made it here yesterday afternoon after his interview. If he gets the job here, I'm sure we'll see more of him.  After a quick doctor appt, he and Robb went on a drive and discovered that his great grandfather grew up near here and actually owned a general store in the next town back in the early 1900s!  Wow!  And a lot of his ancestors were buried in the cemetery there.  Not all at the same time.

So Robb googled the name of the general store and our town and the name popped up with the name of the owner and tons of information that Sluggy would be proud that we were able to dig up!  

Then last night, Robb, Dave and I hit HuHot for supper before our advent service.  Meri was sick but wanting solid food, so we dropped off her request of a Jimmy John sandwich at her place.  I stuck it in her fridge and ran.  Robb texted her it was there.  I hope she's feeling better by now!  Flu is not fun.

Ryan and Leon were still up when we got home so after tucking Leon into bed, we sat up and went through the college yearbooks, reminscing.  Remember this guy?  Yeah, he's DR XXX now and helping inner city youth.  Wow.  It's amazing how far some of our friends went.  A few actually live in the nearby bigger town but we never see them.  

After breakfast this morning, Robb and Dave went to see if they could find where the general store actually was.  

What it looks like these days.

Robb just sent me a note and said that the original address of 604 Main is missing but the addresses are now 602 and 606.  Robb said it's probably a Harry Potter kind of thing and you have to run at the wall in between.  No wonder it went broke!

So, back to work and getting things figured out for Christmas presents.    I hope it's a quiet day!

2 comments:

SAM said...

that will be fun to have a college friend nearby. Good luck to him. Isn't figuring out a problem worth celebrating!

Jane said...

Wow, I'm so glad you didn't ask me about linux etc. I've seen that word here and there and I think of Linus from Charlie Brown. My computer knowledge is extremely limited but glad you got it sorted!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails