Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Dizzy Weather Vane Travels

The weekend was full of parties and entertainment before the Monday of sorrow.

On Saturday morning, Robb, his mom and myself headed 2 hours south to my niece's grad party.  The centerpieces were succulents!  So cute.  Huge turn out from our family to the party.  


Sabrina actually lives in Missouri but this was a more centralized locale for her Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois friends and family.


 Her next party is Saturday in her home, mainly for her high school friends down there.

We got back home in time to go to Meri's community play, Children of Eden.  The talent was the best we've seen so far in this theatrical troupe.  Even from when I was in it.  ;)

And not just because Meri's voice is fantastic.  Everyone had mics and their voices were really good!  The author of the play, however, should have attended Sunday school a FEW more times before writing this...  

Meri's character was a stowaway on the Ark and in love with one of Noah's sons. :)
I'm a Sunday school teacher and I've never read THAT version of the Bible!


 The performances were great.  I'll be going back with my MIL this weekend.

On Sunday, I skipped church again!  Yikes!  I haven't been to church for almost a month due to Dad's health and issues...  and then this baby shower, 2 hours east.

It was a baby shower for my niece, Sarah.  Doesn't she makes a cute mommy to be?
She got lots of adorable things for their baby and can't wait to try them all out.  She is due on my birthday!  So I'm hoping she names him after me.  There are lots of boys named variations of Valerie, right?  Val, Valor, Valentino,Valiant!  One is an actor, one a hero, one a womanizer and one a prince!  I'll be a bit disappointed if it's Wilhelm, but will still love him to pieces when I get to see him.



Can you tell which girls are twins?



Great party!

I had to take off and left my MIL to go home with a BIL.  I got home, packed up everything needed for the funeral prep and then loaded Meri's new car and she and I headed 3 hours west this time to my hometown.  

We put a lot of miles on our cars this weekend but it was worth it.
Family is so important.

4 comments:

SAM said...

It makes a person stop and think about all the times we say no to attending a family event, wedding, shower, grad party, because it isn't convenient. Well I think I'd rather spend time with them all on happy occasions and not just funerals. I think you made the right call, despite the massive miles.

Rachel said...

I am tired just reading of all the traveling you did. But you are right, it is so worth it to be with family during good times and bad times. No one ever gets to the end of life regretting traveling to see family or spending time with family. Hope you can get some rest soon.

Practical Parsimony said...

Thar all sounded like exhausting fun. Funny premise for the play. I love how well the hat went with the maternity dress.

Southern Gal said...

I miss Meri's voice. ;) I have never heard of that version of the story of Noah either!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails