Thursday, June 6, 2019

Priorities

The lilacs bloomed this weekend!
And for the husband in this household that can't stand the thick perfumed air you must walk through to go to the car, just know that I love it...  And I pick up your dirty socks.  So we're even.


AND the Clematis is in bloom too!  These blooms are lasting a lot longer than the lilacs.
And they're just gorgeous.


 So late yesterday afternoon, I decided to make some yogurt in my Instant Pot.  I'm hooked on this thing.  Or at least I want to be.  There is no Yogurt button on my version, but I've done some googling.  I found where you use the saute feature and heat up the ultra pasteurized milk to 180 degrees, then cool it and add a couple tablespoons of live culture yogurt.  Then wrap it in a towel and leave it sit over night.  Sticking it in the fridge in the morning.  

I had done a batch a couple weeks ago and it bombed.  I ended up with basically milk.  Not even thickened.  I had done a lot wrong and not googled right when I should have googled left.  So this time, I still screwed up a little.  I accidentally put two tablespoons of the Greek yogurt in while it was heating up with the saute button.  Yeah..  the cultures died from that.  I realized my mistake only AFTER I had eaten the rest of the Greek yogurt.  

Now what?

I looked at the cheap stuff I always buy for the family and low and behold, that had live cultures in it as well!!  WOOHOO!  So after the milk (with dead cultures in it) (that sounds gross) cooled down below 110 degrees, I added two more tablespoons of the peach stuff.  Wrapped it up in a towel and slid it back on the counter to sit until this morning.  

Then answered lots of questions about why it was all wrapped up.  "Just what are you doing here with this?"

This morning, it actually looked like yogurt!!!


I added a packet of splenda, a drop of vanilla, mixed it up really good and plunked some raisin bran on top of it.  OOOOOHHH!!!  That was the best lunch ever!

Got the rest packaged up in the fridge to be used as sour cream, dip base, more yogurt treats, etc.

NOW...  I thought I was OVER spending my time in the hospital...

Not so.

Meri called me last night from play practice.  She was having really bad pain and thought that she had a multitude of various things that WEBMD suggested.  She had some suspicions.  But the Urgent Care and Express Care closed at 7pm.  Who knew before 7pm last night?!  Not us!!  So she had her friend, Perla, take her to the emergency room as she was feeling dizzy and didn't feel like she should drive herself.
I met them there.

Being back in the hospital hit me hard.  There were some times that I cried.  I won't deny it.  Meri knew why but I think the nurse decided that I thought Meri was going to die.
Nope.  Just issues I need to work out for myself.

After some tests and a CT scan to rule out some things, it was decided that she had a female type infection and needed some high powered meds to fix it.  

The photo above was her just before the morphine kicked in and between bouts of pain.  Then she was loopy for a while.  Perla taped her being silly and sent it to all their roommates.  Meri was pretending to shoot with the finger grip thingy.

So from 7pm until 11:30pm, I was at the hospital with her.  Yikes...  That made for a short night.  BUT she still got up at 4:30 to get herself to work on time at 5!

She's got a car and rent to pay for!  Gotta keep those priorities straight!

2 comments:

SAM said...

I'm so glad Meri got the treatment needed, but ouch, the ER. I understand your feelings. You have experienced so much loss this year, and will no doubt have many moments that bring you to both sad and happy places.

Southern Gal said...

Goodness! I am so glad they were able to help her and send her home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails