Monday, July 15, 2019

Drowning in stitches, pools and tears

What a weekend...  You'd think I've more sewing projects done for the state fair...

I've made SOME progress...  The satin pants got hemmed and the waist band 90% in.  The kids chair that I gave to Leon years ago got washed and I used some of the memory foam mattress bits to beef it up a little.  It had lost it's shape.  And after Leon saw it, he sat on it sideways and I totally understood how it got that way.  

He doesn't get to sit on it again until after the fair.

The purple skirt got elastic and a hem in.  

A few of the items got washed.

The gold dress got the hem 25% in.  I have some hand stitching to do and the lining to hem.

On Saturday morning, Robb, MIL and myself attended the wedding shower of a nephew and his soon-to-be bride.  Saw lots of family and had a great time.  They had a donut wall...  I ate my weight in donuts and quiche.  The diet can weight...


We got home in time for me to dig back into my sewing.  I'm so glad Robb is supportive of my sewing habits!  At least for the moment.  I'm getting caught up on laundry this morning, so that might help even longer...

After church on Sunday, Meri asked me over to help her wash dishes that she'd gotten backed up on.  She had a laundry basket full of dishes that she pulled out of her room.  There was a blanket on top so her roommates wouldn't see that SHE was the reason they couldn't find their dishes.   I helped as much as I could in the 30 minutes that I had and got most of them done, but then had to hit the road.  But it was enough of a boost to keep her cleaning for the afternoon.  She moves out in a couple weeks.  

Leon had his last swimming lesson of the summer and we couldn't miss his chance to attempt to dive off the board this year!

Leon and his instructor having a pep talk as well as going over the check list of all the swimming things he passed this year.


As for the diving attempt, he didn't.. again...  

After a few false starts, he climbed off the diving board in tears.

Robb bribed him with $5 worth of Ro-Bucks (ask your kids what this is...) and he perked up and said, OK!  and headed for the board.  


His teacher went with him and ended up dropping him over the end.  KIND of like last year but with less drama.  It went a lot quicker.

Whew! 


Oh and he hated it.  Apparently water went into his nose.  We saw a lot of improvement since last year but that diving board still continues to flummox him.



A couple movies that I can give my kudos to this week...
1) Pihu - a 2 year old girl has to survive in an apartment after her mother dies and her father is out of town.  yikes...  Every mother's nightmare.  
2) Patrick - a young woman inherits a Pug dog from her grandmother and it totally throws her life into turmoil.  Sweet.
3) Saving Mr. Banks - The authoress of the book Mary Poppins travels to L.A. to work with Walt Disney to make the movie and it changed my mind about the movie Mary Poppins.  I was always offended by how Mary Poppins comes into their house and becomes the busy body that no one wants their kids to love more than themselves.  But this movie put it into a perspective that honestly made me sob for a bit.  Grab a kleenex before watching.  It was great.

Anywho...  enough of tears for me for a while!  I also started watching a Kevin James movie called The True Memoirs of an International Assassin.  Very funny so far!

Ok - back onto my other stuff that keeps me busy.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Since I always get water up my nose and into sinuses, I use nose clips. Get him some of those so he can learn to dive and then he can swim out. I have no idea why this happens to me, I just hold my nose is I have no nose clips.

Michelle said...

Jumping off the diving board is always a big step. Leon will get it, eventually.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails