Friday, August 23, 2019

Catchup? Yes please!

The FIRST day of second grade is today..

You'd think he would be happy!  But he's not.  THIS was the smile that I got out of him when I realized I'd missed taking a first day of school pic in front of our black eyed susans...  


Oh well, I'll take it!

 THEN when I wanted to get another at the school door, he was all,"YOU GOT A PIC OF ME, GO HOME!"



 Maybe in a bit... I got a few more.


It's been since the middle of the month since I posted!  Yikes! 
here's a catch me up...

Meri had Reedus at her house until he got sick and put lots of character into her carpet.  He's back with us now.  And of course we have Ellie too... Reedus's mom.  

The other day, I was doing laundry and Reedus was in the kennel snoring with the door open.  It's his den.

Ellie waltzed in and tiptoed over him to get all the way into the kennel.  

The snoring stopped.


Check out the "side eye" action here!

Mere seconds after this shot, she sat on him.  He escaped and lay down for a nap elsewhere.


I've been sewing...  One of Robb's old shirts below is being repurposed for a new top for me.  I found some flowy stuff for the back and "I" think it's going to be swell!  Not sure if I should take a black shirt on the cruise tho.  It sounds hot in the Bahamas...  This might be on hold for a while.


 The end of the summer library bash happened.  Leon made a paper airplane with my direction, but his folding.  Do you see it almost hitting that kid in the head?



 And his art work.



I hit a snake during my last mowing attempt.  I didn't even know that I had until I saw the carcass during a swing around a corner.


AND I've been cleaning in the garage.  Sluggy would be so amazed!  But I'm still not posting pictures of it...  I was able to finally reach our deep freezer which had had stuff stacked on top of for a long while.  It'll be good to get some freezing done for the end of summer harvest!!

And look what I found inside!  Panera bagels and lots of them!  From Meri's graduation party.


The spring of 2018...

I'll bring a few into the house, that don't have obvious freezer burn, and see how they taste.

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Good to hear from you. We've been back at school for a couple of weeks now. Leon is really growing up. And, a cruise? Do tell!

SAM said...

Sluggy wants pictures-After my little revamp of the kitchen, I've yet to take an post pictures because it was nice and serene about three days before it has gotten out of sorts with the grad party and never back as nice again. Let's hope Leon's rest of the start of school is more smiley. 2nd grade is a big transition from early childhood to full on elementary years.

Meg B. said...

Dog get sick, and sometimes on our carpets. So do kids, for that matter. Either way, we don't believe in give backs here. Instead, we banned carept. Our (very) big dog has been quite sick with a stomach bug. The past two days have seen me cleaning explosive nastiness coming from his rear off the wood floor of my brand new house. He managed to splatter on my new area rug a well--I poured the last of our vodka, and then some Tanqueray on it to deodorize. Still, when the dog does head to the big dog bed in the sky, I'm getting a new rug--and a new leather couch!

slugmama said...

And I'll be wanting pictures of the garage when it's done....or will it get done? lolz
Just done go burying the chest freezer up again.

And Leon looks just like a young Ryan in that photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails