Thursday, September 12, 2019

Formally Excitable

I was wondering what to wear for the evening meals on the cruise and thought I had it nailed down.  But my sisters would like to do a formal night and all of us dress up in formals.  hmmm.. Will that fit in our carry-ons?  Don't know.

AND since a cruise line will not allow travel irons, what happens when you pull it out of your bag and it's hideously wrinkled?

AND what would I bring to wear anyway that is formal/glamorous enough?

AND would my sister get me all hyped up and then wear shorts to dinner while I"m the only one in a maxi dress?  Kind of like being invited to a Halloween party and you're the only one in costume...


AND I haven't lost enough weight to fit into my mother of the bride dress yet...  That last 4 pounds is being elusive...  And that would need massive ironing to be presentable...  Darn satin.

So many questions...  I did sew that brown maxi skirt for the fair...  What if...  
It's chiffon and no matter how much it gets wadded up in a bag, it still comes out looking good.  So maybe...  AND I didn't have a reason to wear it yet til now.

SO.. if I wear a slinky brown tank top with it, which I have... and a cape made a something shiny and drapey, which I don't have... yet...  But would be oh so easy to make after a stop at JoAnn's...  AND a fancy schmancy necklace that is too fancy to wear anywhere around here... hmmm

I think it's doable...  And if I'm woefully overdressed, who am I going to see on that cruise again?  besides my family I mean...

My only question now.  


If Meri brings a prom dress, how in the heck will it fit in HER carry on?

She might have to wear it on the flight...

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

The brown skirt and tank sounds like a good option. We go to a couple of formal affairs each year and I have learned to have two very plain dresses (same dress different colors) that can be styled differently. No one ever knows I am wearing the same things every single time.

SAM said...

I was never feel formal enough on the cruise, but as much as I could. I have a black sleeveless cocktail dress with my hair up and the right jewelry has done me fine for the last two I was on. I'll probably keep it as long as it fits and is in decent shape as it is pretty timeless, if not dull.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails