Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Ironing out the wrinkles

It's been a crazy week... 

Here is a pic of the sun rising above my town this morning as I returned from an errand.


Yesterday, I did a garbage run early and texted Meri that I was picking up her garbage too.  She had some *stinky* garbage and I didn't think it would last until her garbage day.  

She texted back and said that she's off work at 9, wanna hang out a little?  SURE!!!  So I grabbed my laptop and headed to town.  Worked from her business's parking lot until she was done and she wanted to go shopping a little before the cruise.

It's tomorrow... !!!!!

We hit the mall.  I worked from some comfy chairs in the hall and she picked out her items that she needed as well as a costume from a Halloween shop there.  She had agonized about what to wear for Halloween... It's over a month away chick!!  But her best friend had asked if I would sew her a red dress for her costume and Meri still wondered how to compete with Jessica's costume.  

All of the sudden, she saw this and was inspired...  The wig/beard has been purchased.


She'll be a somewhat sexy Bob Ross!  She found some fishnet stockings at another store for cheap and will find a long men's shirt that I can put some lace around the bottom for her to wear.  OH and she'll make a painter's pallet to use.

She's a nut. :)

Outside the store, there was a huge display of ghostly animatronics.  She posed for a picture in the tunnel underneath and I quietly stepped on the trigger outside it.  She jumped out of her skin and then laughed.  So I like this pic better than the posed shot.


Yep, the cruise is tomorrow.  Due to the Grand Bahamas still being in disarray from Dorian, yesterday we got a letter from the cruise line that instead of stopping at that island, we'll spend that day at sea instead.  Probably a good idea anyway.  I was wondering if we'd have enough time to see all that the ship offers in just the evenings and early morning anyway.

So here are the clothes that I've made for this trip.  With the exception of a few other items that are line drying at the moment.  I never throw my sewn clothes in the dryer...  The pilling is atrocious if I do that.


I'll go through and pick out enough outfits for each day and evening dinner when you need to dress up a bit more.  I hope it all fits in my carryon bag!  

I roll things up, so it shouldn't be too big a deal...  Since no personal travel irons are allowed on board and because Meri's hair needs to be straightened everyday, she's bringing her flat hair iron.  That'll iron out any wrinkles in my clothes too.  Whew!  

ANYWAY...  speaking of irons...  I gotta get some things ironed out today at work too so I won't get any calls before I board the cruise.

My sister and her family are in Florida already and dear BIL tried to convince us that the house they rented ended up as a scam...  and we should check into a hotel when we get there...  
really?...  


Was he teasing?  Were his lips moving?

Thankfully he WAS kidding!  But I fell for it.  So did his son, who hadn't flown in yet.
The house is beautiful and I can't wait to get there!


Bon Voyage and other things people say before getting on a cruise.

Ciao Bella!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Have a safe trip!

Dianna said...

That beard is too funny. Hope you have a nice trip!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Jill said...

Love photos that aren't planned, always the best ;-) Hope you have an amazing trip!! And Bob Ross is an awesome costume for Halloween! Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails