Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Cruise: Day 5 Cruising to Iowa

Wow, it's been a while!  The days have been a rush.  Every time I think, Hey!  That would make a great blog post, I realize that I hadn't done the last day of my cruise story and then it all goes away for a while.  
SO...  let's get the last day of the cruise story out of the way so I can get on with my life.  right?

Day 5: Caribbean cruise.

After a grand breakfast in the grand dining room, Meri and I waltzed through the promenade one last time.  Meri wanted to act like she owned the cute little beach buggy that one of the stores was giving away.  Apparently we did NOT win it...


And we said our goodbyes to our home away from home and hello to land legs.  Not a fun feeling.  For the next few days, I still felt like I was swaying to the waves...


Some of the last palm trees we'll see for a while.


The kids in our car wanted to hit the beach one last time before heading to the airport.  


So we stopped at Cocoa Beach and got our fill of the waves, sea air and sea shells.  


I filled a bag with shells that I found and they're waiting to be made into a heartfelt gift someday.  I still have 10 pounds of Irish shells waiting for that same purpose...


Meri made me pose for this one.  I'm wearing a shirt that went to the fair and some shorts that I was able to complete before the cruise.  I wasn't VERY happy with them but they matched the top.
And I was running out of clean laundry.

And I caught her unawares with this one.


Cocoa Beach was beautiful!


And the waves crashing in were gorgeous!


and check out his beach skate board!  SOOO cool!


After the beach, we saw a Ron Jon Surf Shop!  Everyone needed souvenirs.
Meri was interested in a sweat shirt and head phones. But they didn't have any head phones there to fit her phone. 


I thought this would be  good shirt, but was vetoed.


She's an uncommon girl with non-standard plugs for her phone...


The gang opted to also stop at a Target to find either ear buds or an adaptor so she could use mine.  Also bought some snacks for the flight because our cheapo airline charges if you want to recline your seat... ;) just kidding, but not...

Isn't the shark cool?


As SOON as we were dropped off at our terminal area, Meri and I ran!  Got checked in and then grabbed some food for lunch, meeting up with Melanie and kids one last time by chance as their terminal wasn't too far from ours.

Since Meri and I were apparently the absolute last people to get our boarding passes, we couldn't sit together.  She was in the aisle behind me with a couple who couldn't speak English and I was in an aisle with a couple who didn't want to at all.

So without ear buds, I did cross words or Sudoku the entire way home.

It took a while to get onto a bus to the economy parking when we got back to Minneapolis and we panicked when we didn't remember that the bus driver on Thursday had given us a ticket on where to get our car.  I finally found it in a little known secret pocket of my purse. WHEW!

And then we were on the road!!!

And we made it home!!!!!


and our family was so happy to see us!
and us them!

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I had one of the best times of my life at Cocoa Beach! I have enjoyed your cruise adventures, living vicariously.

Southern Gal said...

Perfect getaway for you two!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails