Friday, October 18, 2019

PIPING in the Rain. Just piping in the RAIN!

 Almost two weeks ago now...  Robb's bagpipe band played at Adventureland for the Octoberfest celebration.  

It's a great day to get out and drink...  For 90% of the attendees.  I'm one of the 10%.  
So I'm easily entertained with a giant spider.


It started out rainy and then the sun finally made an appearance half way through the performances.
Robb's sarcastic quote of the day, "there is nothing more comfortable than wet wool".

The band shared a warm up room with a Mariachi band and they were really great!


I made a new friend of a new piper's wife and we explored all over the park between bagpipe gigs and found new foods everywhere.

THIS concoction was a BBQ Sundae!

 Layers from the bottom up.
mashed potatoes
gravy
BBQ beans
coleslaw
BBQ pork
topped with a cornbread muffin and pickle on sticks.

My new friend said that it looked like a heart attack in a jar.
I'm DOWN with that!

We're thinking of making Thanksgiving in a jar and handing them out to our guests this year... ;)

This performance  was right in front of the Monster roller coaster ride.  And I caught that car RIGHT upside down!!  Wouldn't it be so cool to be in that car?


Next year, we're bringing Ryan and Jen with us.  They'd love it.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am still laughing at the quote of the day. In our climate wool is a rarity but I do remember having a wool dress as a teen (compliments of my extremely cold natured mother), getting caught in a rainstorm and being miserable the rest of the day. Yep that wool felt really good.

I know you had fun and I love the idea of Thanksgiving in a jar. So efficient and the entire meal could be done and over in under 15 minutes! That would actually work for my guy family members who believe Thanksgiving is really all about watching football games

Practical Parsimony said...

Robb has a great sense of humor. It sounded like you and the new friend hit if off. A whole meal in a jar sounds like a way to simplify dishwashing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails