Thursday, November 21, 2019

Catching Up, Kids, Kittens and Nostalgia

It's been a crazy week.  I'm not sure how many blog posts I start this way, but this is definitely one of them.

So last Friday, when I was a gecko.  My finger rotary blade wound is healing nicely.  I still like to keep it covered because it grosses out people if I don't.  AND it feels better to type and do anything with it bound up.  
It'll be a good scar to use as an ice breaker at a party, I'm sure.

Also on Friday, I went to lunch with Leon.  Had a fun time and even attended recess with them after lunch.  His best friend, THAT day.  


I don't even remember the kid's name...
They found sticks and were throwing Harry Potter type spells at each other.  Apparently that's a thing these days at recess...

And Leon showed off his mad gymnastic skills.


On Saturday I got to attend the monthly ASG sewing meeting and that got me excited to get going on the Christmas presents that I'm working on.  I spent a lot of the rest of the day sewing.

Sunday after church, I did a ton of shopping.  Meri came with me and filled up her own cart.  To be added onto mine when we checked out.  I found turkeys for 59 cents a pound at Aldi!  I also got the largest turkeys I could find for 87 cents a pound for our big Thanksgiving reunion.  
I had another stop to make before heading home, so Meri and I parted ways and when I finally got home with my turkeys, Meri was at MY house!  I unloaded the car and found Meri, Robb and her kitten, Bish in the living room.
ummm What's going on?

Meri hadn't been home a lot over the weekend because she'd had various play performances and rehearsals.  When she got home with her groceries, she discovered that her tiny kitten, Bish, was not replying to her call at all.  So she left the groceries on the kitchen floor and went on a hunt.  FOUND her in one of her spare bedrooms with the door shut!  How Bish got in there, we don't have a clue.  Meri's other cat, Fitz, hates Bish, so I'm thinking conspiracy.

What probably happened was that Bish ran into the room when Meri went in for something and she didn't notice.  Anyway, Bish had been locked up in the room for over a day.  She was NOT doing well at all.  Pretty lethargic...

Meri put her up in her bathroom with soft food and kept an eye on her until Monday when we got Bish in at our local vet.  After a day and a half, the vet finally called and gave us the news that Bish was going to make it.  She was just a tiny kitten and didn't have a lot of reserves built up to withstand a fast like that...  So since Bish needed to have some formula and soft food fed to her every 3 - 4 hours, I offered to keep Bish at my house.  

 

Meri still had the plays to deal with and her daycare, which keeps her hopping throughout the day.  She'll take her home this weekend.

Bish is doing a LOT better and eating the food I give her every 3-4 hours still.  I let her go all night last night though and she wolfed down her breakfast this morning.  With any luck, she'll start using the litter box again soon instead of being too weak to move and just go on the floor...
I'm sure being around Fitz will correct that.

On Monday, while Bish was at the vet, I worked from Meri's house so she could make her vet run.  Monday's are a big day at her house with the most kids and a baby so I hung out until after she got her afternoon kids down for a nap and held the baby.  He's so cute!


The kids she cares for are a hoot. 



This one loves to tackle Fitz and even though Fitz sounds like he hates it, he doesn't run away.  If he didn't like it, he'd have run the kitchen behind a gate, but he secretly adores being manhandled by toddlers.


On Tuesday afternoon, I was there late in the day to drop off some things.  I asked Meri if she'd read Ten in a Bed to one of the boys, as he'd just handed me the book.  "Oh yeah, they didn't like it."
WHAT???!!!  You guys loved that book!  Especially when I sang it!
"No way!" Says she, "It's a song?"
Yep - come here Micha!  Let's read!
So I got on the couch with one of boys curled up next to me and sang the book, stopping and reading the parts where Rabbit falls out of bed, BONK!  Or Croc falls on the floor, THUD! etc.
I was down to 4 animals on the bed with the child when the boy's dad walked in.  Whoops!  We'll continue this book on another day then!

That wasn't as embarrassing as when on Monday, I was reading a Pooh book to the kids and no one was paying attention to me except Meri and I didn't notice her until it was too late.  She recorded me reading and showing the kids the pictures even though they had their backs to me.  Then she posted it on Instagram or whatever social media was developed to embarrass your parents without them seeing.
Ugg.

Then last night, I found this at Aldi!!!!!  My Aldi Nerd group on FB said this was all the rage these days so I bought in.  and I believe it!  My family used to have one of these back in the 70s and I loved it!  My mother-in-law has one but it's downstairs and I wanted my own.  
There were only 3 left at our store and one of those were white.  Um no...  That's just not natural...
So I grabbed one of the green ones.  As I was getting ready to go check out, I saw a "try me" button on it and I tried it.  It didn't light up.  So I went back to the AOS (Aisle of Surprises, Shame, Specials) and tried out the remaining green one.  WHEW!!!  It worked!

If only it wasn't so dark, you'd be able to see my tree strapped into the car seat...


It's adorable.  And I'm so glad I have it to remind me of my past!

Anyway, there you are.  A quick catch up to today.  A hohum day.
A day when I wish I'd gotten more sleep.
Those silly dogs started howling in the middle of the night because of some thunder and lightning that I didn't even notice.  sigh...  Made it to morning but I do need more caffeine to get me through this day.

Off to find some.  Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

I had to biggify it to even see it. Those are becoming popular again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails