Wednesday, November 13, 2019

S'no Wonder

Can you tell it snowed here?  We got a couple three inches and Leon is in heaven.
We got home from the bus yesterday and he wanted to play outside for a bit before coming in.
He carved out a snow platter and I happened to catch him with it.
I used to do that all the time too when I was young.


Apparently he was using them as chalk.


He saw me and grabbed a snowball and headed for the picture window.


Changed his mind for another snow platter.


and pitched it in the air...
I thought he was going to throw it at the glass, but not so.
Whew!


Straight up and then crash back down.


 Then ran back into the yard to build more creations.


It's not packing at all, but with the snow plates and bits, he can use them as blocks.


 It's been cold here!!!  We're hoping it reaches the 30 degree mark soon as I'm already sick of winter.
And Robb doesn't like us to play Christmas music yet...

I've got yogurt in the Instant pot today and made hard boiled eggs just before that.  I've got lunch with my bestie and I'm always promising her that I'll be creative and today I will be.

I've got ALL the fixings for chef salads, which she loves.
lettuce - chopped
green pepper, red pepper - chopped
a bag of bacon bits
a bag of sunflower seeds
shredded cheese
chopped cucumber
chicken bits
chopped luncheon ham
chopped luncheon turkey
chopped up hard boiled eggs
three kinds of dressings and I made some poppyseed dressing too.

I feel like I'm forgetting something...  Maybe I'll grab some Craisins before I leave too. mmmm

 With this weather, I just feel like cooking!!!!

3 comments:

SAM said...

It's right size snow. Enough to play, but not enough to derail all your plans. I will master the darn instapot sometime this winter.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Ok for those of us from the south who call 2 inches of snow a blizzard, what is a snow platter?

Practical Parsimony said...

Anne, Thanks for asking about the snow platter. ??? I think I need a salad now that I read what you are serving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails