Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Weekend - dealing

On Friday night and Saturday during the day, I did a TON of sewing at a sewing workshop with my ASG group.  I completed 2 shirts for me and 1 for Meri.  I totally screwed up on Meri's shirt, but I'm saying it was intentional.  All in all, I got 9 hours of uninterrupted sewing done!  

But the next couple days were pretty tough.  On Sunday, my eyes leaked a lot during one hymn in particular and then randomly throughout the rest of the day.  I knew the anniversary of my mom's death was coming up, but for some reason thought it was later in the week.  It was actually Monday, yesterday.  

It hit me hard then too.  I know it will get easier as time goes by, but sometimes the memories are really strong and I remember things vividly.  I really don't want to forget either so here I am, stuck.

Someone on Facebook posted this series of pictures to demonstrate pain from grief.  It is SO true!





And that silly ball is really playing PONG against the button this week.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am so sorry you are feeling extra grief right now, but I understand it. I still will hear something funny and want to pick up the phone and call Dad, then I am sad all over again.

SAM said...

My niece posted that same grief chart. It is so true. Sending warm tboughts your way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails