Monday, April 6, 2020

You WANNA go on a NUDGE today?

I feel like TODAY should be Sunday...  oh well.  

It's been busy this weekend.  You'd think I should just stay home and mope about nothing to do... but I CAN'T!  It's just not in my nature.  I have too many hobbies and things that have to get done.

On Saturday I did a little shopping in the morning.  Walmart was only letting in 1000 customers at a time, but I think my number was around 323.

That afternoon, I put together a care package for Meri, as she's still quarantining herself, and Leon and I walked over to her house to leave it in her garage.

Leon had gotten a used phone for his birthday.  Not for calling (no phone plan on it) but for gaming, face-time, etc.  He had Pokemon Go installed and the whole walk over, he walked at a snails pace catching Pokemon every few feet.  We're a BIG Pokemon community over here... *yay*



So it wasn't a WALK so much as a NUDGE.  I kept my hand on his back and nudged him in the right direction, the entire way.  When we left Meri's, we walked up to Casey's for a snack and then my phone died, in the middle of a talk with Meri telling her where we put the stuff.  I SHOULD have charged it more before we left the house but oh well.  But with my phone dead and no wifi hotspot to work his phone, Leon's game wouldn't work well so he put it away and we actually TALKED for the way home.

Got home and made homemade pizza for supper.  Leon face-timed with his favorite 2nd cousin for a LONG time.  He was really disappointed when he tried to call her back after supper and there was no answer.  Um honey... She's in Kentucky and an hour ahead of us.  It's after 8 pm for her.  I'm sure she's in bed by now.

On Sunday, I went with Robb to "small" church.  That's where my husband records the sermon to post online and I sit a little ways away from him and then two other people sit a ways from us, one being the pastor's wife.

After church, I did the Biolife thing.  I was excited to see that The Money Pit was on Netflix so I hyped it up to my daughters to see, as they're both home owners now.  I watched half while giving plasma.  SUCH a fun movie!  That afternoon I got a movie review of it from one daughter, who thought Shelly Long's behavior in the last 1/4 of the movie was uncalled for, but loved the house!!
And Tom Hanks is a hoot with the mosquitos and ah home crap home...

The other daughter had given up movie streaming for Lent, so she's got a list that she'll be able to watch next week.  

I still haven't finished it but did get another five minutes in last night.

OH, yesterday morning, Ryan's gf Jen sent me an article about our local JoAnn Fabrics asking for volunteers to make face-mask kits for their customers.  I had initially thought she'd want to do it with me, but nope.  She just thought it would be something I'd be interested in and yep I was!  So I called the manager and she got me in for that afternoon.

So after Biolife, I went over there with my serged face-mask and gloves and got to work with another volunteer.  Between the two of us, we made about 25 kits (each containing enough materials for 5 masks.)  It was fun to visit with a total stranger who shared the love of sewing.  Well... she was a quilter anyway...  and didn't have any kids...  BUT we still had lots to talk about.  Since we were both wearing masks, I would not recognize her if I saw her on the street so it was fairly anonymous.  I just gabbed and gabbed, blabbed and blabbed.  She did too, but I still think she was probably pretty thankful when we ran out of ribbon.

On the way home, I called a sister that is a truck driver.  She was on her way to Texas and wanted someone to talk to.  It was good to get caught up!  She is IN DEMAND these days!

I stopped at the nursing home to see my bestie and we talked on the phone through her window for a good long time until I needed to use a restroom.  Sigh... I can't use hers this time...
This nursing home isolation is really getting to her.  I guess we can mail her things so I might get a care package together today and ship it off.

I came home (used the restroom!) and saw my neighbors doing outside work across the street so I went over to visit for a minute.  A GOOD 10 feet apart!  The wife is a nurse and had asked on FB if anyone could make her cloth face-masks to wear over her surgical types for work.  She had already found someone but her husband was interested in me making him and his staff at the coop some and was willing to pay for them.  That's cool!  As I already have all the materials, whatever money comes from this venture can fund the local food bank.  Another sewing friend is doing that too.

So anyway, I went back to our house and seriously... our yard looks like no one has lived here for years.  Leaves and weeds everywhere.  I had given up on raking last fall and it looks it.  I had found out that our neighbor next door was moving and guess who's moving in?  Another yard aficionado.  

ah home crap home.
I better get to work now cleaning up our yard before they move in!  ;)

And since we're down to just one car with a hatch back, I lined the back end of the Edge with a tarp and started putting the branches from last fall's fallen tree into the back of it.

The neighbors across the street, that I'd just talked to, saw me and backed their trailer into my driveway.  "You really ARE putting sticks in your car! Throw them onto here!"  Wow...  Awesome.  I didn't unload the ones I'd already put in my car but the wife and I threw the rest onto their trailer while her hubs arranged them all and then I followed them out to the yard waste place to unload.

Then I raked two batches of leaves onto my tarp and I hauled them out too.  I still have more work to do out there but was worn out.  Plus Leon and his mom and brother wanted to do a face time call and he needed my help for that.  His mom is expecting twins any day now so they wanted to get together before they're suddenly 2 more.

I made carrot, pork stirfry for supper and then Robb and I attended our college reunion!  online of course.  About 17 people were able to attend and it was a lot of fun!  


I was getting feedback from Robb's call in the dining room on my laptop in the livingroom, so after our 45 minute meeting time out happened and we got back in, we sat on the couch together for the 2nd half of the talk.

So much for social distancing! ;)  I guess if I've got it, he does too...  And in the same house, it doesn't matter much.

It was fun catching up with the college gang.  So many weren't able to attend or the leader just didn't have their contact info, so we'll have to add more for the next one next month.  and I need more light in the living room for the next one...  The dimness made us look like we were in black and white and everyone else was vibrant and colorful.  

I just got off a DUO call with Maddy.  She had done a bunch of outdoor work this weekend too.  I can't wait until we can go see it!  

And I really want to make that whipped coffee thing that has invaded the interweb...  BUT not sure what that will do to my heart if I have to sit at the computer working all day.  I'll probably just go outside and clean up the yard in about an hour...  hmmmmm But NO.  I want to get a start on some face-masks over lunch today...  maybe tomorrow on the coffee.

But back to work.  Here's to a productive day!

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Hope you have a great day also. It was so good of you to go help with the masks. I am going to rob Mom's fabric stash when I go see her this afternoon.

SAM said...

I really wished I had learned to sew better. My nephew offered upa sewing machine, handed down to him from his mom, but his wife nor he ever used it. I'm hoping someone with skills take it over. I'll donate tot he cause through the fabric store. It is lovely that your proceeds when folks offer to pay will support the food shelf.

Practical Parsimony said...

I am in the throes of getting Tommy to help me get the sewing machine into the cabinet so I can sew! Then, I will make masks, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails