Thursday, April 9, 2020

Zooming thru the week

Leon had school this morning and got to see ALL his friends!!!
It was a ZOOM call with his teacher and classmates. 


YIKES!  What chaos!  But every kid got to tell what they've been up to and they were so happy to see each other, even from a distance.

And only at the END of the call while everyone was calling out goodbyes to everyone else, did Leon remember what he wanted to tell his teacher.  No one could hear him...
His baby sister and brother had been born yesterday!

Yep - Leon's mom had twins yesterday!


Aren't they cute?  
What relationship are they to me?  Absolutely nothing.


But they are Leon's half-brother and half-sister, so I'm not sure what his family tree will look like.  Probably pretty wide.

Anyway, everyone is working from home today so I'm cloistered out in my office now and trying to get some work done.

Over the last week, I've made a bunch of face masks and sent some off to a sister and now making some for a neighbor and us.  Whatever is left over, I'm sure will get used up somewhere.  I wonder if the food pantry would want them..?...  don't know.

The yard was cleaned up on the warm day this week and is ready for Easter eggs to be hidden.  The lilacs are starting to bud so too late to trim them down.  I guess I COULD but they'd look really ugly this year...  

Maddy and Matthew pulled out some bricks in some landscaping work they've done and relaid them more evenly.  They inspired me and this summer, I plan to do that too with some of the bricks from our front patio.  If you lay a bowling ball on it, the ball would roll around like a drunken sailor, every which way, until it hit the driveway, then roll into the gutter.
Long story short, there is no level spot in my patio anymore.  I blame the prolific sage.

Meri put the polyurethane on her dining room floor a couple days ago and hopefully it's ready to start moving furniture in again soon.  
Isn't it pretty? She said it went on like honey...  


The only thing I can think of with a description like that is, "lick those fingers baby!  It'll be delish!"

She can't wait to get her house back in order!  AND she misses everyone.  We'll have her over for lunch on Easter and everyone will wear masks and gloves and NOT touch their faces! or hug.

Robb and I went to "small" church last night and Robb recorded two sermons by our pastor.  One for Maundy Thursday and one for the Tennebrae service for Good Friday.

In the past, my girls were told by their dad that if they could play for an entire church service successfully, then they could quit taking piano lessons.  One heard that Good Friday was no liturgy and only one hymn with about 24 verses.  Usually 3 verses after each section of the sermon and a light going out somewhere in the church, but for an abbreviated service, it was just one verse per section, but still lights going out too.

So that was the service of choice to get out of piano lessons.  They both mastered the song and quit sometime during their sophomore or junior year of high school.

Last night, with no organist, I offered to play it.  I practiced for 5 minutes solid and got it down with two hands, but only with the notes on the top staff, soprano(right hand) and alto(left hand).  No cords with one hand at all...  It would have sounded too choppy.  
and I would have screwed up more.

I'm sure a piano teacher would frown on my style, but it did the trick.  I had tiny lights stuck on the piano so I could still see the notes as the lights went down and as the tiny congregation sang, not daring to sing along myself or I'd lose my place and make horrible mistakes.  
As it stands I made a few mistakes anyway but Robb didn't notice and said it sounded good.
Whew!

I can quit piano lessons now!  Actually I haven't taken lessons since college.  and even then, it wasn't really lessons, but accompaniment for some singing lessons.  
But my mom would have been proud.

Ok, it's Thursday.  Off to do some creative programming and creative sewing during my breaks from the computer.  Have a good one and don't breathe on anyone!

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Cute babies. I wish my girls had gone on with piano lessons. I am quite sure you did well, and you used BOTH hands.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Zoom is the bomb (unless they are collecting and selling data, which would not surprise me at all)
The babies are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails