Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Pouring it on

Little bit of this... A little bit of that...

Been sewing, been cooking, been doing yard stuff.

The front patio has been neglected due to other projects and hopefully the rain will hold off so I can get a weed whacker out there.

The rain just poured yesterday.  My lettuce plants are loving it and I think I'll make a salad today for lunch out of my produce!  


There was a ripe strawberry and after Leon picked it, he didn't want to eat it, so thank you very much!  It's mine.

He's at his mom's for a couple days, so things are quiet around here.

The rain pummeled a leak into our garage roof...  So I had to scramble to get a bucket under it when I finally realized where the drip drip was coming from that I was hearing.
sigh...

When it rains, it truly pours...

 And isn't this beautiful?!  Jen did this by pouring paint on the canvas.  She's a brilliant artist.


It's sitting on our porch because it smelled musty in the house.  We think some rain got to it and there might be mold...  I've been spraying the back when I think of it, with some either bleachy spray or vinegary spray.  It's too beautiful to just be "porch" art.

I started on a blouse that is being cloned off a top of Meri's.  The next challenge is to see if I have ANY of the fabric bits left because I forgot the neck binding when cutting things out.  Whoops!  
I'm sure I probably do somewhere...


Plus my challenge today is to put several button holes into it.  uggg..  My one true weakness...

I attended a ZOOM meeting for my ASG sewing guild on Saturday and then another one for our local Pattern testers yesterday over my lunch.  And while seeing everyone's photos of their projects and hearing their experiences with the pattern IS inspiring, it will be much more fun to meet in person with them and feel fabric as it hangs.

Our family has two birthdays this week.  Ryan and Jen.  Born just two days apart.  Shopping for gifts tonight.  We'll celebrate on the evening between the birth dates.

Anyway, that's enough for today.  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Happy Birthday to the celebrants!
I hope you get the painting defunkified! It needs to be in the house, though I do love porch art!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your people!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails