Monday, June 8, 2020

Weekend Adventures

It's been a great weekend!  Robb and I were able to escape the mundane and live in a hotel for a couple nights!  I talked him into watching the entire first season of the Office and we watched the rest of Space Force.  Who KNOWS when more will be made?... 

But the weekend wasn't just to binge watch stuff.  My favorite cousin had invited us to her son's wedding!  



We arrived two hours early and had a great visit with her and her husband, my aunt and uncle, and her siblings and their families.  


While one of her siblings jokingly accused us of being wedding crashers, I did feel a bit like we needed to prove that we were invited...

Honest!  We HAVE an invite!!!

And Julie and her husband were so happy to see us.  Her husband is a great bagpiper fan and introduced Robb as the piper to all of his family.

Here is Julie and her son, the groom.


The wedding was outside and about 90 degrees, but it was shaded and a bit breezy.  Beautiful!



There were probably 200 - 250 people there!  Amazing!  I hadn't seen that many people together since last summer at the Iowa State Fair.  and just in lines for the porta potties!

It was a lot of fun and emotional.  When the groom walked his grandpa and then his other set of grandparents (my aunt and uncle) as well as his soon-to-be inlaw grandparents, I lost it.  

I know you're not supposed to touch your face, but what else could I use?  Robb's sleeve?  
The thought crossed my mind...

Knowing the reason why my parents wouldn't be able to be walked down the aisle someday, tore me up.  It is now too.

Cherish those moments people!



I visited with my aunt later and she showed me some pics on her phone that other relatives had sent her of family past.  A lot of black and white photos.  Those are so precious too.  
She reminded me SO much of Mom, that it was kind of tough...

For dinner, we sat with my cousin, Lorie, and talked about everything under the sun.


The slide show was created on the spot and that's why everyone had their phones out.  You had to go a certain website and upload pics of the bride and groom along with well wishes.  I had a few of them from Thanksgivings past.
VERY cool way to get some photos that everyone would love to see, maybe for the first time!
I hope they take all those photos that were submitted and put them into a book for future remembrances.  That would be so cool!

The wedding couple had a photo booth and of course we took advantage of that!  



Before we left, Julie wanted to get some pics of us at the booth too.



They also had a corn-hole wooden game set that all the guests got to sign.  I forgot to take a pic of that.  

My aunt, uncle and two of their girls.


We finally headed back to the hotel around 8:30ish and were worn OUT! 

We woke up around 5ish Sunday morning and made it back to town in time for church.  Afterwards, Meri and Shub met me to load up some more landscaping rocks.  There is enough for one more load and Robb and I will do that later today.  It's all sitting next to the kid swing in our yard until time to actually get the dream into fruition.  Someday...

I got a visit in with Ada at the nursing home. She had had a chance to watch the Father of the Bride movies I'd dropped off for her and loved them. Especially the first one.  We're working out a procedure to get them back to me...

No telling how soon the nursing home will open back up as this past week, it was announced that there were three cases of Covid discovered there.

Sigh. She is SO tired of not getting visitors in her room!
Or not getting to go home on occasion.
I guess things are going to drag on.
It was SO hot sitting outside her window that I stopped at the DQ on the way home and then drove to a quiet shaded park to enjoy a medium sized Turtle Blizzard.
Ummm those things are over 900 calories!!!
BUT SOOOO worth it...

Got the buffalo masks started stitching.  Not sure when I'll be able to finish them up.

I got to talk to Maddy a little bit and realized that I need to post less here so that we have stuff to talk about!  BUT I told her all about the weekend so we're caught up.

Meri had a socially distant pool party yesterday at her house with some friends who each brought kiddie pools.  She hadn't realized that you can sunburn quicker next to water and is miserable today.

Well, that's the weekend wrap up.
When's the next wedding??!!!

5 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

So glad you sere able to have a great time and see family all at once!

SAM said...

It sounds like a very lovely wedding. I feel bad for one of my team members. her ewedding was supposed to be June 13th, but they made the decsion in april to postpone to Ocotober. The Father of the Bride is an absolutely wonderful movie. Never gets old- enjoyed the origial Spencer Tracy version as well.

JRE said...

My daughters wedding was going to be August 29, postponed till next year. :( It is so hard to not feel like you have the right to be sad over these things when you look at the big picture of what is going on, but then I have moments of crying jags over it all!

Michelle said...

You seem to have the best extended family! It looks like a great time.

Practical Parsimony said...

It seems all you posted is so sweet and wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails