Thursday, June 4, 2020

Sweatin to the Oldies

It's another sticky day.  I came away from this morning's workout drenched in sweat.  
Meri was glistening pretty good too.

A friend of ours from college is stopping by tomorrow for a quick visit before heading on to see his dad.  It'll be nice to see him again!  Robb has the day off and will entertain him.  I'll be assisting at Meri's for an hour or so during that time.  
And I just found out that he won't be here very long, so I'll probably miss him.
Oh well.  Next time in Colorado, we'll look him up!

This weekend Robb and I will head to Omaha for a wedding. The rest of the family can carry on without us around.  They'll be fine...  I hardly ever even SEE Leon anymore...  Well the most I have seen of him lately was him (after sneaking into our room the other night) sleeping on our couch while I got ready in the morning.  Ryan has been keeping him busy. Or Leon has learned how to hide away and do what HE wants.

My own kids figured that out shortly after I started working from home.  If anyone came out to my office and said they were bored, then they obviously didn't have enough chores to keep them busy!  So I'd give them a job to do and poof, they never said they were bored again.
Well, not much...

My favorite cousin Julie's son is getting married this weekend!  And we're invited!!!!  It'll be SO good to see her!  They're a huggie family so I'm not sure if I'll catch the covid there...  Probably not.  And the hugs might be on hold til later this fall anyway.  I'll bring along masks and hand sanitizer and go with the flow.

Speaking of masks, I've got 15 cut out for my nephew's pizza joint again. Apparently the buffalo masks were a hit and the manager was getting lots of compliments on them, so she ordered more!  With the yard and a half of the fabric, I was able to find enough buffaloes in it for 15 more masks.  I know she only wanted another dozen, but why settle for a dozen when you can have a McVal dozen?!


They won't get stitched until next week.

And I got my hair cut today!!!! WOOHOO!  It felt REALLY good to lose four months of growth and my hairdresser was so excited to be back at work and fixing what I screwed up with my hair trimmings at home.
The world felt like normal again!

Well... lots to do inside, where it's cool.  My office vent is blocked right now by a few boxes of vintage patterns.  You know... patterns from the 80s...  MY ERA...  But still, haven't had time to move them so it's 84 degrees in here.  

I'm pretending like it's my own personal sauna.

I'm going to SWEAT those pounds off!!!

Just don't stand too close.

1 comment:

SAM said...

It's odd to reada bout people leaving town for weddings. So much is still not open yet here, and so many life events postponed. good for you an Meri getting your sweat on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails