Thursday, September 17, 2020

Normality... Is it worth it?

The shingles were delivered yesterday and when I got back from an errand this morning, LOOK what I found!!!!

People on our roof making a racket!

I'm so excited that we're going to have a roof soon!!!  They spent the morning and most of the afternoon pulling off shingles and I swear they dropped a few anvils here or there.  

And then stomped around just for fun.

Even in my office, it's SO loud...    

They've cut into the roof on the garage to replace some damaged boards and I'm sure they see all the blanket box lids I placed up there to catch past drips...   

Yep - THAT was the infamous leak that shorted out the garage door opener that one weekend I remember oh so well...  

I might have to climb up there again some day soon and get those back.  I've got things to box up!

And while I was taking a bathroom break up in our upstairs bathroom, I happened to glance out our window and saw the roof over Ryan's bedroom.  WHOOPS!  I was reminded vividly of The Money Pit movie from 1986...  While no one looked in and saw me, I hustled off the toilet as quick as I could.  

Potty breaks downstairs from now on!  At least until they're done.  At the rate they're going, tomorrow!

The deck/porch railings get replaced in 1.5 weeks also!  We'll be back to normal in NO time!

Well, normal is relative...

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

I have had roofing done three times, and it is just about the worst thing ever. Are they through?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails