Thursday, January 21, 2021

Chaffle Making at my house!

 I actually tried something TOTALLY different today!  I made a Chaffle!

What that??!!!  Well, let me tell you...  A reason to not pitch the waffle iron!

For a measly 1 or 2 carbs, you've got a big poofy piece of bread that you can use for a sandwich!  Found this on wholesomeyum.com.  They've got lots of sweet things to do with chaffles as well as make it for a pizza crust!  I might try that tomorrow night.

Basic Chaffle Recipe for Sandwiches 

1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
1 large egg
2 tbsp almond flour or 2 tsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp Psyllium husk powder
1/4 tsp baking powder

Mix all together, really well and dump it onto an already preheated waffle iron.  Spread it around with a spoon and then close up the waffle iron and let it cook until the steam stops or the light comes on that it's done.  

Bam!  You got bread.


I piled some mayo and pepperonis on it and made a sandwich for lunch.  I need to make more of these...

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I will have to try that.

Anne in the kitchen said...

You might also want to try the recipe. It make great "bread" for a BLT

https://www.instrupix.com/wonder-bread-chaffles-soft-delish/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails