Friday, May 28, 2021

Where's my list?

Does anyone know how to fix my email notifications from Blogger?
I just noticed that all you TRUE BLUE imaginary Bloggy friends have been commenting and I didn't realize it.  You guys are fantastic and I appreciate you!  Some day I hope to start visiting your blogs again.

It's just not yet...

Maddy and Matthew and my grandpups will be in town late tonight!!!  I can't wait to see them in the morning.  Meri will be hosting them at her house since mine is in a state of disorganized flux.

Early tomorrow, Robb's sister Cathy will be here too and all of us will don old clothes and paint MIL's old living room.  Jen has already painted MIL's old bedroom and she and Ryan have already moved into that room. She painted the walls a beautiful blue with a sage ceiling.  It's beautiful.  I would never have thought of painting the ceiling anything other than white.  I'm old school and it's hard to break out of that mindset.

But I'm going to try and make the living room and hall and steps be as close to the original color as possible.  I thought it was gorgeous initially 23 years ago.  So early tomorrow we'll tackle the lower living room and with any luck, we'll be done by lunch time.

And I've taken several pics of the measuring wall downstairs.  Meri was the youngest at 2 when my MIL started charting them.  The wall REALLY needs to be fresh, so it's getting painted over.


If we are able to, I want to paint the other downstairs bedroom as that will be Leon's.  He wants it to look like a bumblebee with yellow walls.  I didn't want to paint black stripes though, so I found some black shelf paper that has a mild adhesive on the back.  We'll cut it into strips and place them on one wall.  So it will be a feature wall.  I think it's going to look really striking!  and not permanent.

The next room to paint will be Ryan's old room upstairs, which will be my sewing room.  But that's not THIS weekend...  I'll use the same paint as the downstairs living room.  I bought 3 gallons of paint so it should cover both areas, but if it doesn't, I'll check out the returned paints at Lowes and see if anything there strikes my fancy.  Those are only $9!  Bargain...  I'm not picky for that room.  Meri and Maddy had picked purple with blue checkers (or maybe the other way around) for the the last 18 years for Pete's sake.  I just don't want that anymore as it's now mine.  Meri is talking about getting a large wall sticker made that is my Grandma Val Baby logo.  COOL!  

We're planning on making the traditional pork and peach kebabs on Monday for Memorial Day as well as the drunken peach cobbler.  And since our oven is not fixed yet, I'll have Meri bake it at her house.  It's served chilled or at room temperature anyway.

AND I want to get a family picture out at the cemetery with the stone this weekend.  Hopefully we won't be covered in paint when we do that, but I'll take what I can get.

Speaking of being covered in paint...  When we were working in the garage and moving all my MIL's stuff out, I came across a fun (well not at the time) memory that has been immortalized forever.  Meri had gotten into some paint and she painted our Basset hound Sorsha to look like a skunk.  She denied it... then we found a puddle of paint in the garage and her incriminating footprints leading up to the laundry room.  Her feet were clean by the time she got there. Whew!


We also hope to visit with my MIL tomorrow afternoon as her apartment complex is having an outside day with their pets and MIL wants someone there.  We all have our vaccinated proof so we can participate.

Sigh.  I think that's it, but I know I'm forgetting something...  Oh well.  We'll see what the weekend brings.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day and I hope you're able to take some time to relax and remember why we're free!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails